Cooperative Program: Drexel 4-4
Muhlenberg College/Drexel University College of Medicine 4-4 Early Assurance Program
Muhlenberg College, Lehigh Valley Hospital, and Drexel University College of Medicine have established a cooperative program designed to link the undergraduate and medical school education of its participants. Students admitted to the program are guaranteed admission to Drexel University College of Medicine upon:
- Meeting the Muhlenberg degree requirements
- Attaining the minimum required GPA of 3.5 CUM/3.5 Science
- Scoring a minimum of 10 on the Biological and Physical Science section and a 9 on the Verbal section of the MCAT
- Completing the scholar requirements put forth by the three institutions
Students in the program will have the opportunity to participate in research studies and other educational enrichment experiences at Lehigh Valley Hospital and Drexel University College of Medicine during their undergraduate years at Muhlenberg.
Six students per incoming class can be admitted to this program. If the program is not fully enrolled when the academic year begins, students can apply after their first year at Muhlenberg if they have a first-year CUM of 3.5 or greater and have attained the requisite SAT scores. Transfer students from another institution are not eligible.
Combined Critical Reading/Math SAT of not less than 1270, with no subset less than 560.
Successful candidates typically:
- Score 1300 or greater on the combined CR/Math SAT
- Rank in the top 5% of their high school class.
- Have taken a strong schedule of AP and Honor classes during their high school career
- Have hands-on experience in health-related professions (internships, jobs, EMT training, scientific research, shadowing doctors, etc.)
- Reside in the Middle Atlantic region (i.e., PA, NJ, NY, DE, MD)
- Personal interview with Muhlenberg College Admissions before January 1
- Completed admissions application and required supplement to Muhlenberg College Office of Admissions before January 1 of senior year
Typical Notification Schedule
- Finalists selected by Muhlenberg committee and sent to Drexel for
- review: Mid-January
- Drexel invites selected students to Drexel Campus in Philadelphia for interview: Mid-February
- Interview Day at Drexel: First week of March
- Students notified of acceptance into program: Early April
Curriculum/academics related, please contact:
Cailin Cordon Pachter, P'16
Director, Pre-Professional Advising
email@example.com or 484-664-3427
Admissions related, please contact:
Nicole Rothbaum, Asst. Dir. of Admission/Coordinator of 4-4 Program
firstname.lastname@example.org or 484-664-3203