Early Decision Checklist
We’re so pleased that you’ve decided to apply Early Decision. When you apply Early Decision, you’re expressing your preference in a way that is powerful and important—and here at Muhlenberg we appreciate your conviction and enthusiasm. Learn more about Early Decision.
Early Decision candidates should complete both the Common Application and Muhlenberg’s supplement. Our ED deadline is February 15 (same as our Regular Decision deadline), but we begin ED application review (and begin mailing ED decision letters) in late November through late February. Students who are applying to one of our cooperative programs must submit additional documents.
Here are the steps:
- Visit if you can.
We strongly encourage a campus visit to interview and tour. The interview can be an important opportunity to explore “the fit” between you and Muhlenberg. It can also be a chance to develop a relationship with an admissions counselor who can then act as an advocate for you here. Remember, if you are applying for one of our cooperative programs, or choosing not to submit test scores, you must have an admissions interview.
- Print, complete, sign, and send the Early Decision Request Form.
A legal guardian and a guidance counselor also must sign your form, so be sure to do this early in the process.
- Complete the Common Application.
You may download the application here, or apply online. Note that a $50 application fee is required.
- Complete the Early Decision Supplement available on the Muhlenberg admissions website.
You may download the agreement here.
- Have two teachers provide recommendations (use the teacher evaluation forms provided on the Common Application).
The form should be sent by the teachers directly to the Office of Admission.
- Print the mid-year evaluation form and give it to a school counselor or school official who knows you well.
The form should be sent from the school directly to Muhlenberg’s Office of Admission.
- If you’re choosing to submit your ACT or SAT scores, be sure to have them sent directly to Muhlenberg.
Our ACT school code is 3640, and note that we do require the writing portion. Our SAT school code is 2424, and we don’t require the SAT-II.
- If you’re choosing not to submit your ACT or SAT scores, print and complete the SAT Optional Form. Note that if you’re applying to one of our cooperative programs, you must submit an ACT or SAT score.
- File a CSS Financial Aid Profile within a week of applying to Muhlenberg. Our CSS code is 2424. This will help us keep our commitment to run need-based and merit aid processes early so that admitted students know about financial aid before they are required to deposit.
- Expect an answer between Thanksgiving and Feb. 25 (the earlier you apply, typically the earlier we can provide an answer).