Library Policies for Affiliates
The Library exists to meet the needs of the students, faculty, and staff of Muhlenberg College. The Library welcomes use by Affiliates. When signed, a library card permits the bearer to borrow library materials within the following guidelines:
- Affiliates must present identification, such as a driver's license, to register and obtain a library card.
- Materials That Circulate
- Affiliates may check out books from the main collection for 3 weeks and selected government publications for 1 week, limited to a total of 10 items at one time. Non-circulating materials available for use in the library include reference works, periodicals, reserves, rare books, archives, and manuscripts. Affiliates are eligible for one renewal.
- Fines are $.25/day per book. If any item is not returned on the due date, a patron's account becomes delinquent. Patrons with delinquent accounts will not be able to borrow more materials until accounts are cleared.
- Lost/Damaged Materials
- If a book is lost or damaged, the borrower is responsible for paying the cost to replace the item, including a processing fee.
- Reference Assistance
- While our students do receive first priority, reference service, including assistance with the use of government documents, is available to Affiliates.