Library Policies for Alumni
The Library exists to meet the needs of the students, faculty, and staff of Muhlenberg College. The Library welcomes use by alumni. When signed, a library card permits the bearer to borrow library materials within the following guidelines:
- Alumni must present identification, such as a driver's license, to register and obtain a library card. Alumni library priveleges are extended only to persons who have graduated from Muhlenberg in good standing. This alumni status will be verified with the College.
- Materials That Circulate
- Books from the main collection circulate for 3 weeks and are renewable. Videos may be taken out for 3 days, and CD's and juvenile books for 7 days. All materials must be returned to the Circulation Desk or at the book drop. Non-circulating materials available for use in the library include reference works, periodicals, reserves, rare books, archives, and manuscripts.
- The fine for overdue books from the main collection is $.25/day per book. Juvenile books accumulate a fine of $.50/day per item. Periodicals, audio-visual materials, and interlibrary loans have an overdue fine of $2.00/day per item. If any item is not returned on the due date, a patron's account becomes delinquent. Patrons with delinquent accounts will not be able to borrow more materials until accounts are cleared.
- Lost/Damaged Materials
- If a book is lost or damaged, the borrower is responsible for paying the cost to replace it, including a processing fee.
- Reference Assistance
- While our students do receive first priority, reference service, including assistance with the use of government documents, is available to alumni.