Library Policies for Town Patrons
The Library exists to meet the needs of the students, faculty, and staff of Muhlenberg College. The Library welcomes use by the town community. Visitors who are not members of the Muhlenberg College community may use the materials within the Library free of charge. Town Patrons who wish to borrow books must have a library card. To obtain a Town card, you must pay an annual registration fee of $25, complete a patron registration form, and present it along with identification to a Circulation Desk attendant.
- Town Patrons must present identification, such as a driver's license or school I.D., to register and obtain a library card.
- Materials That Circulate
- Town Patrons may check out books from the main collection for 3 weeks and selected government publications for 1 week, limited to a total of 10 items at one time. Non-circulating materials available for use in the library include reference works, periodicals, reserves, rare books, archives, and manuscripts. Town Patrons are eligible for one renewal.
- Fines are $.25/day per book. If any item is not returned on the due date, a patron's account becomes delinquent. Patrons with delinquent accounts will not be able to borrow more materials until accounts are cleared.
- Lost/Damaged Materials
- If a book is lost or damaged, the borrower is responsible for paying the cost to replace the item, including a processing fee.
- Reference Assistance
- While our students do receive first priority, reference service, including assistance with the use of government documents, is available to Town Patrons.