|Questions Asked By Employers|
- How has your college experience prepared you for this career?
- Describe your most rewarding college experience.
- Why did you select Muhlenberg?
- What led you to choose your college major?
- What college subjects did you like best/least? Why?
- If you could do so, how would you plan your academic study differently? Why?
- What changes would you make in your college? Why?
- Do you have any plans for continued study? An advanced degree?
- Do you think that your grades are a good indication of your academic achievement?
- In what school activities have you participated? Why? Which did you enjoy the most? What offices have you held?
- What have you learned from participation in extracurricular activities?
- What qualifications do you have that make you think you will be successful in this position?
- What two or three accomplishments are you most proud of? Why?
- Tell me a time when you gave a presentation to a group.
- Give me an example of a time you needed to work under pressure.
- In what part-time or summer jobs have you been most interested? Why?
- Describe a group project you were a part of. (What was your role?)
- Explain a time you had a difficult time getting along with a professor/co-worker/student/supervisor. (How did you handle it?)
- What did you enjoy most about your last employment? Least?
- Give an example of a situation in which you provided a solution to an employer or supervisor.
- What kind of supervision do you prefer?
- Describe a time when you had to juggle multiple projects.
- What do you consider to be your greatest strengths and weaknesses?
- How would you describe yourself?
- How do you think a friend or professor who knows you well would describe you?
- What motivates you to put forth your greatest effort?
- How do you spend your spare time?
- In what kind of work environment are you most comfortable?
- What two or three things are most important to you in your job?
- What major problem have you encountered and how did you deal with it?
- Describe a time you failed. (What did you learn from it?)
- Who are your role models?
- What was the most difficult decision you ever had to make?
- What was the last book you read?
- What are your long and short range goals, when and why did you establish these goals?
- How do you plan to achieve your career goals?
- What are the most important rewards you expect from your career?
- What do you expect to be earning in five years?
- Why did you choose the career for which you are preparing?
- How would you describe the ideal job for you following graduation?
- What other types of positions are you considering?
Preparation/Knowledge of the Organization
- Why should I hire you?
- What do you think it takes to be successful in an organization like ours?
- In what ways do you think you can make a contribution to our organization?
- What qualities should a successful manager possess?
- What qualities do you think are important to be successful in this position?
- Why did you decide to seek a position with this organization?
- What do you know about our organization?
- What criteria are you using to evaluate the organizations with whom you are interviewing?
- Do you have a geographical preference?
- Will you relocate ?
- Are you willing to travel?
- Why do you think you might like to live in the community in which our organization is located?
[an error occurred while processing this directive]