Faculty Center for Teaching
- The Teaching Professor (email Amy Hark for instructions on how to access the Teaching Professor)
- Michigan State University faculty and instructional development resources
- A selection of annotated links for online instructional resources reviewed and hosted by the Office of Faculty and Organizational development at Michigan State University
- Eberly Center for Teaching Excellence at Carnegie Mellon offering resources on course design, technology and teaching, assessment and more.
Articles on multiple topics in teaching and learning
(e.g., best practices, academic dishonesty, critical thinking, grading)
Carnegie Foundation website
MIT open course ware
(American Council on Education)
The EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative's (ELI's) 7 Things You Should Know About... series provides concise information on emerging learning technologies and related practices.
Technology Tutorials from the Center for Learning
Technologies at Old Dominion University. Tutorials on
using PowerPoint, Blackboard, Adobe Acrobat, etc.
- Teaching Goals Inventory - The TGI is an easy-to-use, self-scoring instrument to help you think about your instructional goals
- A collection of teaching and facilitation activities from ecucational developer Alice Cassid, Ph.D.
- Guide to writing a philosophy of teaching statement from the University Center for the Advancement of Teaching at The Ohio State University.
- A collection of links about Integrative Learning provided by the Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U) and based on a workshop entitled "From the Academic Disconnect to Integrated Learning" by J. Elizabeth Clark
- A listing of journals that publish the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning and address general issues in higher education.
Hutchings, P., & Shulman, L.S. The Scholarship of Teaching:
New Elaborations, New Developments. Note: This article
was originally published in Change, September/October 1999.
Volume 31, Number 5. Pages 10-15.
Annotated Bibliography from the Carnegie Foundation for the
Advancement of Teaching.
The Carnegie Academy for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
Carnegie Foundation gallery of SOTL projects
Comprehensive bibliography of SOTL
Another article on disciplinary styles and SOTL
Pat Hutchings’ introduction to a book at case studies on SOTL
The development of discourse communities on SOTL
Lee Shulman on Inventing the future of SOTL
AACU’s Diversity Web provides resources for integrating diversity into higher education
University of Washington site provides resources for inclusive teaching
University of Michigan site provides links to resources on
multiculturalism/diversity in teaching
Provides class exercises, teaching tips, sample
assignments and lots of great links to resources
on stereotypes and prejudice (organizations, projects, etc.)
Resources on Service Learning on the Campus Compact website
Muhlenberg College Office of Community Service
What is Service Learning?
The National Service-Learning Clearinghouse has many
resources for service-learning such as syllabus, links to
specific topics, listservs, SL materials.
Mark Cooper’s Guide to Service Learning. Has information
on liability, how to involve faculty, reflection, and planning
RAND report on service learning in higher education
A model for evaluating student performance in a Service Learning course.
American Psychological Association website has principles
of good practice and a summary of references on the
effectiveness of SL.
The website for the National Center for Case Study Teaching in Science.
Direct access to case studies in ethics
Resources for teaching with case studies
Harvard case studies in public policy and management
Sample case studies on ethical issues in higher education
Links to general resources on assessment
Download AAC&U VALUE Rubrics focused on 15 different learning outcomes
Links to resources on assessment, classroom assessment, and program assessment
Skidmore College assessment page provides advice and resources.
Concordia College assessment page.
Resources for assessment in mathematics
Learning Goals and Outcomes for Undergraduate Psychology Major
Resources for conducting a program reviews
Not just relevant to psychology
National Teaching and Learning Forum article
What is assessment? Article contains links to resources.
More assessment resources