Office of Public Relations
Faculty Scholarship & Professional Engagement: Spring 2015
- Michael P. Allocca, assistant professor of mathematics, gave a research talk entitled "Combinatorial Rearrangements of Bacterial Genomes via Circular Permutations" at the Joint Mathematics Meetings in San Antonio, TX.
- Jim Bloom, professor of English, had his essay "The Hollywood Challenge" published in a new collection from Cambridge University Press titled William Faulkner Context and edited by John T. Matthews.
Media and Communication
- Jeff Pooley, associate professor and chair of media & communication, published an article, "Mnemonic Multiples: The Case of the Columbia Panel Studies," in the Journal of the History of the Behavioral Sciences. Read More
- Tim Cochran, visiting assistant professor of music, presented "Experiencing Messiaen's Landscape Sublime" at the Hearing Landscape Critically conference at Harvard University.
- Marcia Morgan, assistant professor of philosophy, published an article on "Transgression, Plurality, and Philosophy" in the Journal of Speculative Philosophy (Penn State University Press, December 2014).