Office of the Registrar


Registration Instructions

What courses can I take?
Plan right now to meet with your faculty advisor(s).  As you speak with them, choose alternative courses to try if your first choices are unavailable.

How many courses can I take?
The typical Muhlenberg student enrolls for 4 course units a semester.  After you have successfully completed your first term though, you may enroll for up to 5.5 course units.  You must enroll for at least 3 course units to be considered a full-time student.  Students enrolled for less than 3 course units should contact a staff member in the Office of the Registrar immediately.  Please note that most financial aid awards are closely tied to your status as a full-time student.

Where do I register?
In your room, in a computer lab, at home - anywhere you can access the web. You may also come to the Registrar's Office (ground floor of Haas) for assistance.

When can I register?
Initial registration times are determined by your Graduation Class and by the first letters of your last name.  Consult the time schedule chart to learn when the registration window opens for you.  You will not be permitted to register if you have an outstanding obligation, financial (tuition balances, parking or library fines, equipment, simplex or fire safety violation bills) or otherwise to the College.  All outstanding obligations must be resolved with the appropriate College office (Athletics, Controller, Dean of Students, Library, Residential Services) prior to registration.

What if I’m not seeking a degree?
Registration for non-degree seeking students begins Monday, April 20.  Registration for the Day Scholars program will be conducted on Monday and Tuesday, August 10 and 11.

What if I am requesting an overload?
Overload requests (over 5.5 units) are made to the Dean of Academic Life.  You must complete an Overload Request form (available in the Office of the Registrar).

What do I need to fill out?
To assist with your advising meeting, complete the Registration Planning Worksheet (available at the Registrar's web site in Forms, in the Registrar's Office, and from your major department).  Please refer to the online course listings and the catalog for specifics about your course enrollments. 

What if I can’t register at my assigned time?
Your opportunity to register begins when your window opens and will not end until the add/drop period concludes 8 days into the semester. If you are unable to register exactly at your time, just do it as soon as you can. If you are not able to register for all of your courses the first time, that is okay. Register for what you can and come back later to add and or drop courses.  

If you can’t be here because you are studying away from campus, you can still register online. You will need to contact your advisor for approval and then add your courses via the web. Contact the Registrar's Office if you have questions and/or problems.

How do I change my schedule once I’ve already registered?
You can change your schedule using online registration any time after you register until the deadlines during the first 8 days of the next semester. You may add courses through the first 5 days of the semester, and you may drop courses through the first 8 days of the semester. Should you need to add a course after the first 5 days, you may request a late add from the professor through the first 8 days of the semester. After the 8th day a late add is not permitted.. You will not need your advisor's approval, but you will need an online course permission from the instructor to add courses that are full, create a time conflict, require a signature, etc.

Remember to check for Registration Holds before you attempt to register!

Time Schedule


Class of 2016


Class of 2017


Class of 2018


April 2

April 8

Fri. April 10

April 14

Thurs. April 16

8:30 AM

Has - K Gau - Go Sak - Sm

Su - Wal

Ho - Kh

9:15 AM

L - Mos F - Gar R - Sac

Wan - Z

Ki - Le

10:00 AM

Mot - Ri Cr- E O - Q

A - Bec

Li - Mat

10:45 AM

Ro - Sol Bri - Co McK - N

Bee - Cap

May - Na

11:30 AM

Son - Z Be - Bre Lon - McG

Car - Da

Ne - Ph

1:30 PM

A - Ca A - Ba Kin - Loe

De - Fe

Pi - Rom

2:15 PM

Ch - Ed W - Z Hu - Kim

Fi - Gol

Ros - Se

3:00 PM

El - Har So - V Gr - Ho

Gom - Hi

Sh - St

The Dean of Academic Life assigns each first year student a Faculty Advisor after June Advising.  These advisors are assigned according to the First Year Seminar that is registered.  When the student declares a major field of study, the department chair or program director will assign an advisor from within the department/program.  The student may also request a particular professor to be his or her advisor.  This request may be granted as long as both the requested professor and the department chair/program director agree to such an arrangement.  Department Chairs, Program Directors, and the Registrar oversee the reassignment of advisees from faculty who are on sabbatical, other leaves, or have left the College.