Where and when to go?
How should you choose where and when to go?
- Academic/curriculum: GAR, major, minor, electives to graduation, internships, field research
- Geographical considerations: time of year, climate, terrain, proximity to other places
- Urban, suburban or rural location. Size of institution/number of students
- Third-party provided or direct enrollment
- Language: beginner or intermediate with some English courses, advanced (immersion), or all English
- Living arrangements: host family, dorm, apartment, cooling, meal plan, assimilated with international and local people, commuting considerations
- Technological considerations
- Assessment/grade transfer
- Ability to travel to other places
- Disability and health considerations
- Personal extracurricular activities