Call for Submissions
Kalliope, an online, multilingual creative journal, invites submissions of poetry, short narrative, drama, essay, and visual art from the members of the Muhlenberg College student body. Materials written in French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Arabic, and Chinese, as well as artistic photographs, drawings, and/or paintings reflecting an interest in those cultures, will be considered for publication. For specific submission guidelines, please see below.
Please send all submissions via email as an attachment to:
We welcome submissions of creative writing in French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese and of visual artwork reflecting those cultures, from the Muhlenberg College student body.
Submissions should include a cover page with the following information:
- full title of work
- author/artist’s name
- class year
- contact information (campus mailbox, email, telephone)
- current language course and/or professor’s name (if applicable)
- a brief abstract of the work in English
Students whose works are accepted for publication may be asked to submit an English translation of their work at a later date, for possible publication in a bilingual format.
Faculty members of the Department of Languages, Literatures and Cultures will review all materials submitted. Students will be notified via email once a decision has been made regarding pubblication of their submission.
- All submissions should be original works that have not been previously published in any form, nor should they be under review for another publication.
- Written materials should be attached as a Word document, and they should not exceed 2500 words.
- Digital images may be submitted in color or black & white, and they should meet the following specifications:
- jpg, jpeg or gif formats
- submit via email, or save on CD, DVD, or USB drive and stop by the Language Learning Center in Ettinger-103