Languages, Literatures and Cultures
How to Copy an Audio Cassette
Equipment: ACC - 2000 Cassette Duplicator
Tape Specifications: Ensure that tapes to be copied to are as long as or longer than the length of the original tape.
- Turn the machine on (the power switch is located on the back of the machine above the power cord).
- Ensure the "Side Select" is set to AB to copy both sides.
- Ensure the machine is set to Auto.
- Ensure that Channel 1 and Channel 2 are set to the 12 o'clock position.
- Put the original tape in the slot labeled ORIG (Side A up).
- Put one to three blank tapes of appropriate length into the slots labeled COPY (Side A up).
- Press the Rewind button (to ensure all tapes are rewound to the beginning).
- Press the Copy button.*
- Repeat as necessary.
- Remove all tapes once completed.
- Power the machine off.
*Note: If the copy tape(s) is/are longer than the original, DO NOT fast forward the tapes before copying side B. This allows students to flip the tape over for continuation of a lesson rather than forcing them to fast forward/rewind the remaining space on the tape.