Student Research: Off-Campus Presentations
- Off-Campus Research Presentations The American Chemical Society National Meeting | Garret Gallinot: Midwest Political Science Association Conference
- Off-Campus Research Presentations Melanie Panosian: Joint Mathematics Meeting | Christopher Zumberge: Fall meeting of the APS division of Nuclear Physics
- Off-Campus Research Presentations Mark Yulis, Dr. Bruce Wightman, Emily Bayer: 15th Annual Undergraduate Research Symposium | Gillian Irwin '13
- Off-Campus Research Presentations Joshua Clement: Sociology research on Community Led Development in Tanzania
Off-Campus Research Presentations
Some students have the opportunity to present their research at regional and national conferences and competitions. Many of these presentations are supported by travels funds from the Dean of Academic Life.
- Kelcie Molchany (’15), Chelsea Young (’15), and Alyssa Schell (’15) with their mentor Dr. Sherri C. Young presented their work on the Synthesis and Study of Peptoid-NSAID Conjugates with Enhanced Membrane Penetrability at the Fourth Annual Disappearing Boundaries Summer Research Meeting, Lebanon Valley College, Annville, PA (2013).
- Juliana Repice (’13) and Brandi Stovall (’13) with their advisor Dr. Stephanie Sinno will present their work on Social Reasoning about Distributive Justice in School-Age Children at the Association of Psychological Science National convention in Washington D.C. from May 23-26, 2013.
- Garret Gallinot (’13) presented his work entitled The Relationship Between the Media and Political Participation Among Young Adults at the Midwest Political Science Association Conference in Chicago, IL from April 12-14, 2013.
- Christopher Mullen (’15) presented his work entitled The Moving Men and Women in the Moving World of La Ronde from April 11-14, 2013 at the Society for Cinema and Media Studies Undergraduate Conference in South Bend, IN.
- Evan Lovas (’13) presented his work on HIV/AIDS, poverty and the political economy of Sub-Saharan Africa at the Pennsylvania Political Science Association Annual Conference in Harrisburg, PA on April 6, 2013
- Jessica Gonzalez ‘13. Melanie Franklin ’13 and Victoria Mansolillo ‘13 and Ashley Ring ’13 with their advisor Dr. Connie Wolfe will present a poster entitled Stigmatic Implications Associated with the Symptomology of Schizophrenia at the Association for Psychological Science Convention in Washington D.C. from May 23-26, 2013.
- Bryan McComb ’14 will present a poster entitled Traveling the O.R. Express – an excursion in commuter rail design and Megan Postemski ‘13 will present a poster entitled Questioning the Presumption of Poverty: Relative Wealth of Pioneers in Downeast Maine at the National Conference for Undergraduate Research, University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse from April 11-13, 2013.
- Gillian Irwin ’13 presented her work on Temporality in Balinese Gamelan: Current Practice in America at the College Music Society Northeast Conference from March 15-15, 2013
- Denueve Shepherd ’13 presented her work on Cancer Awareness in Samoa and the Samoan Cancer Experience at the Human Development Conference at the University of Notre Dame from February 8-9, 2013.
- Nicole Fiorentino ’13 presented a poster entitled Stochastic Models of an Antibiotic-Resistant Noscomial Infection and Melanie Panosian ’13 presented a posted entitled Tournaments and Tournament Solutions at the Joint Mathematics Meeting in San Diego, CA from January 9-12, 2013.
- Gillian Irwin ’13 and Dr. Diane Follet presented their poster Schumann in Love at the College Music Society National Conference, November 15-18, 2012 in San Diego, CA.
- Christopher Zumberge ’14 and Benjamin Schweid ’13 presented posters at the 2012 Fall meeting of the APS division of Nuclear Physics from October 24-27th in Newport Beach, California.
- Mark Yulis ‘13, Jenna Kotak ‘13, Sabrina Kamran ’13, Catherine Ezzio ’13, Emily Bayer ’14, Jeremy Kaplan ’15 and Hayley Reed ‘15 presented posters at the 15th Annual Undergraduate Research Symposium in Baltimore, MD on October 19-20, 2012. Emily Bayer won first prize in the poster competition.
- Rebecca Golden ‘14 won an Outstanding Poster Honorable Mention for the presentation of her poster entitled Down-regulation of Nbs1 reduces level of Sp1 at the Drexel Discovery 2012 event at the Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA.
- Scott Goldstein '13, Sam Tolkin '14 and Macauley Breault '15 were Tournament Finalists in the VEX Robotics competition held at the College of Southern Maryland. They received a trophy for their efforts.