all the world ...
‘The show must go on’ is foremost among theatre clichés. For stage managers, it’s also a calling.
The number of students in the Stage Management concentration is limited to allow ample production opportunities for all students. The curriculum is structured to give stage management students a broad familiarity with all phases of the production process, as well as a knowledge of the field of theatre in general.
Coursework for students in the Stage Management concentration:
- Foundation courses for theatre majors listed here, including stagecraft, history, dramatic literature, and theory courses
- A studio course in directing for theatre.
- A studio course in acting.
- Courses in design for the theatre, stage lighting, and sound design.
- A Stage Management course.
- Independent study and mentorship program with faculty members.
- The Dance Program
- The Theatre Program
- Design & Technology for Theatre & Dance
- Musical Theatre Training
- Dual Majors & Multidisciplinary Studies
- Study Abroad
- Performance & Design Opportunities
Want to know more? Just fill out the form!
Photo by Tom Amico.