space to create
State-of-the-art studios, shops, classrooms, and performance spaces — large and small — are part of what shape the Muhlenberg experience.
Students and faculty in the Department of Theatre & Dance have a wealth of facilities available to them, including:
- Two large proscenium stages
- The Dorothy Hess Baker Theatre, Trexler Pavilion for Theatre & Dance
- The Paul C. Empie Theatre, Baker Center for the Arts
- Two fully equipped studio theatres
- Six dance and acting studios
- A spacious new Rehearsal House facility
- State-of-the-Art production facilities
- Well-appointed costume shop
- A fully equipped scene shop
- Up-to-date scenic design computing equipment
- State-of-the-art lighting equipment
- A Pilates studio
- A new video editing studio
The department is housed in the Trexler Pavilion for Theatre and Dance and the adjoining Dorothy and Dexter Baker Center for the Arts.
Take the 360° Virtual Tour for a first-hand look at the Muhlenberg Campus, including the inside of the Baker Center for the Arts, the Trexler Pavilion lobby, and the Dorothy Hess Baker Stage.
Photos: top, the Trexler Pavilion for Theatre & Dance, 1999. Along the right-hand side: Top: the Baker Center and Trexler Pavilion from across campus. (The statue in front is Victor's Lament, by Mark di Suvero, 1969-70.) Middle: The Dorothy and Dexter Baker Center for the Arts, 1976. Bottom: The Rehearsal House, built 2010.