Dance Audition Days
Strong dancers are encouraged to audition during one of our three scheduled Audition Days. Auditioners take a ballet class and a modern class, then present a short solo in their strongest dance form. Students and their families also have the opportunity to tour the campus and the Theatre & Dance facilities, have lunch with current dance students, participate in information sessions with admissions staff and dance faculty, and see a theatre or dance performance.
Dance Audition Days for 2013-2014:
Saturday, Oct. 26, 2013
Saturday, Nov. 16, 2013
Friday, Feb. 7, 2014
Saturday, Feb. 8, 2014
The Department typically holds four Audition Days per year, two in October and November and two in February. Students applying early decision should audition in fall.
Schedule for Dance Audition Days
|Check in with Admissions Office|
|Admissions information session|
|10:45 a.m.||Check in at the Box Office Lobby, Trexler Pavilion|
|Dance information session and tour|
|Lunch with Muhlenberg dancers|
|Individual solo auditions (not to exceed two minutes)|
More information about Dance Audition Days:
- The ballet class is not en pointe.
- Your solo can be in any dance style and does not need to be self-choreographed.
- Music for your solo can be on iPod, CD, or cassette. The solo should be one to two minutes in length, and it is fine to stop dancing before the music stops.
- Standard dance attire should be worn for the class and solo.
- We will send a letter about your dance audition to the Admissions Office. A good audition will positively influence your admission.
- Based on your audition, you may be awarded a Talent Scholarship of up to $4,000 per year.
- If you are not available during one of our scheduled Audition Days and would still like to audition, please contact Karen Dearborn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Read a list of frequently asked questions about auditioning for the Dance Program.
To register for Audition Day, please complete the Audition Registration Form.
Want to know more? Just fill out the form!
Please note: This is not the Audition Registration Form! Use the link above to register for Audition Days. This form should be used only to request that additional information be mailed to you about the Theatre & Dance Department.