Strength and Conditioning: Staff
Darin Thomas is now the current day Director of Strength and Conditioning of Muhlenberg College and has immediately put his numerous years of D-1 coaching experience into affect for the Mules. He is implemented strength training, nutrition, and conditioning programs for individual athletes and teams, using various strength and conditioning modalities.
Darin graduated from State University of New York, College at Cortland in 1996 with a master’s degree in physical education. In 1996 he was the Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach at University of Richmond.
In 1997 he became the Director of Strength and Conditioning until 2005. Where he designed and implemented strength and conditioning programs for the sports teams.
In 2005 Coach Thomas brought his knowledge and experience to South Bend where he worked at Notre Dame. In the Department of Physical Education where he instructed components of wellness, cardio respiratory endurance, muscular strength and endurance, flexibility, weight management, nutrition, and stress management.
In the summer of 2011 Coach Thomas went to the University of Adama Mickiewicz, Poznan, Poland where he taught principles and foundations of strength and conditioning course.
Darin is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist-NSCA and, The United States Weightlifting Federation Level 1 Club Coach.
- Currently the director of Strength and Conditioning at Muhlenberg College.
- Prior to coming to Muhlenberg, worked in the Physical Education at the University Notre Dame.
- Formerly director and owner of Total Athletic Performance Training in Mishawaka, Indiana.
- In the summer of 2011 Coach Thomas went to the University of Adama Mickiewicz, Poznan, Poland where he taught principles and foundations of strength and conditioning course.
- Former Director of Strength & Conditioning at the University of Richmond for nine years and one year as a assistant.
- Former Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach at University of Richmond.
- Former assistant football/strength coach at Windsor Central School located in New York.
- Darin is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist by the National Strength and Conditioning Association.
- Darin is also a certified as a United State Weightlifting Federation Level 1 Club Coach.
- Guest speaker at numerous strength and conditioning clinics.
- Graduated from Cortland State with a degree in health and physical education and went on to earn his masters degree in physical education form Cortland State
Andrew Pile joined the Muhlenberg coaching staff for the 2013 season and made an immediate impact, helping the Mules Volleyball team become the top blocking team in the Centennial Conference. Pile is a 2013 graduate of Limestone (S.C.) College, where he was a four-year starter at setter and right-side hitter for the volleyball team. He served as team captain all four years, helping the Saints reach their first-ever conference championship match in 2013. Pile went to nearby Emmaus High School, where he was an all-state selection in volleyball. He served as a volunteer assistant coach for the girls team at Spartanburg High School and has worked camps in New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Pennsylvania.
Former Division I player Jordie Ciuffetelli joined the Muhlenberg staff for the 2013 season. Ciuffetelli was a four-year soccer starter at outside back for Lehigh University, where as a senior he was named Patriot League defensive player of the week and to the national team of the week by both Soccer America and College Soccer News. He received the men's soccer coaches award in 2011 and was a finalist for a department-wide sportsmanship award. After graduating in 2012, Ciuffetelli served as an assistant coach at Parkland High School and also coached the LVU Soccer Club.
Anna-Kate DePaolo came to Muhlenberg for the 2014 season following a four-year soccer career at Division Indiana (Pa.) University. DePaolo started 41 of the 68 games in which she played, helping the Crimson Hawks to a winning record each season. A resident of Perkasie, Pa., DePaolo graduated in 2014 with a degree in exercise science and is a certified strength and conditioning specialist. She has coached at several camps the past few summers and received the ESF Camps Ichiban Award for Outstanding Coaching at the Philadelphia Union Soccer Schools.