Community Service & Civic Engagement
One Time Service Opportunities
The following activities are "one-time" service projects available for any groups or individuals on Muhlenberg Campus. The Community Service Office has listed as much information as they have; please call the contact number provided to find out more specific information.
Although you may be coordinating with the outside agency directly, feel free to contact the Community Service Office with questions and please be sure to let them know the program in which you are participating. (We will then remove it from this site.)
Thanks for your involvement!
Camelot for Children, Inc - Intern needed
- Camelot for Children is looking for a Muhlenberg student interested in Interning with them. Camelot is a non-profit that's mission is "to be a gathering place for seriously, chronically and terminally ill, handicapped or disabled children; To foster an environment of emotional support among these special children and their families; To provide opportunities for these special children to interact with each other in a family/home setting; and to help develop their physical and mental abilities." Check out their website: http://www.camelotforchildren.org/
- Contact Val Lane in the Community Service Office for more information.
MDA (Muscular Dystrophy Association) Summer Camp Counselors
- MDA Summer Camp is in need of counselors. Check out the attached documents for more information. MDA Camp Info.
Pinebrook Services for Children and Youth: Tutors Needed
- Pinebook Services pairs screened and trained volunteer tutors with foster children who are experiencing academic difficulties. Volunteer tutors are needed to provide one-to-one academic encouragement and assistance with homework assignments to foster children. Interested volunteers should contact Jasmine Sullivan, Volunteer Coordinator, at (610) 432-3919 or by email email@example.com to schedule an orientation meeting and interview. The tutor and foster child meet once a week after school for one hour on the premises of Pinebrook. If you enjoy sharing your knowledge and academic skills with a child, call today!
DaVinci Science Center
- The DaVinci Science Center is looking for volunteers to help on the exhibit floor. They are looking for "people" oriented personalities, not necessarily science experts. Since the science center is open to the public 7 days a week, we need a large amount of volunteers to help. Stop down to the Community Service Office for contact information and directions.
Allentown Visitors Center
- This past fall, the Lehigh Valley Visitor Center opened in the new Butz building on Hamilton Blvd. Volunteers are needed from 10am to 6pm for 2 hour shifts on Monday-Saturday. Must enjoy personal interaction with visitors, greeting guests and introducing them to the amenities the Valley has to offer. Free parking and orientation are provided. Contact Tom Smith at the Lehigh Valley Convention and Visitors Bureau by phone 610.882.9200 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.