Influenza Information & Prevention
Health Services has administered all our doses of flu shots; we will not be getting any additional supply. Below are locations from which flu shots are still available.
Flu Shot Clinics
Allentown Health Bureau
245 N. 6th Street, Allentown
Thursday, January 17, 2013 (2:00 PM - 5:00 PM)
Friday, January 18, 2013 (2:00 PM - 4:00 PM)
Friday, January 25, 2013 (2:00 PM - 4:00 PM)
For more information about the Allentown Health Bureau Flu Shot Clinic visit their website.
Rite-Aid (at Cedar Point Shopping Center)
3101 Hamilton Boulevard, Allentown, PA,
Hours: 9:00am-9:30pm weekdays; call pharmacy for weekend hours
Cost: $29.99; health insurance accepted
As we embark on the spring semester, we understand that
the campus may be concerned about the possibility of the spread of the flu, which has recently received significant media attention. According to the Pennsylvania Department of Health, as of the first week of January, there was widespread flu activity in Pennsylvania and most of the United States. The majority of influenza viruses circulating are influenza A (H3N2).
The Muhlenberg College Pandemic Influenza Response Team is continually monitoring the situation and preparing for the probable arrival of this flu on campus. We have been working with our local health department and have been tracking information provided by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
This site is your link to campus specific information about the seasonal flu. Check back often for important updates.
Websites with Flu Information:
- General Information from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: http://www.cdc.gov/
- What You Should Know for the 2012-2013 Influenza Season: http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/season/flu-season-2012-2013.htm
- Pennsylvania Department of Health Focus on Flu: http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/community/influenza_(flu)/14161
- Flu.gov: http://www.flu.gov/
- Flu Prevention Information: http://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/preventing.htm
- Campus Safety