The Feminist Collective is a multicultural organization that aims to inform the Muhlenberg Community about women's and gender issues on a communal, national, and global scale. We function as both a safe-space and an advocacy group.
What are the goals of the Feminist Collective?
- Raise awareness about inequalities related to gender
- Affirm and acknowledge differences and deepen challenges among feminists on
Muhlenberg’s campus. Rather than using a single approach, the Feminist Collective aims to model discussions and activities that cultivate complexity.
- Raise awareness about the ways gender intersects with race, ethnicity, religion, class, sexuality, nationality, ability, and other critical systems.
- Encourage and engage in open dialogues with other groups on campus that also aim to eradicate oppression and inequality
- Provide mentorship for feminists on Muhlenberg’s campus
- Contextualize and translate feminist theory into programming on Muhlenberg’s campus
ANYONE AND EVERYONE. The Feminist Collective is accepting of all individuals regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, political views, and etcetera. In other words, PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT WOMEN ARE TOTALLY WELCOME!!
Join us on Facebook!