Class of 2013
During Senior Week, one member of the Muhlenberg College faculty will deliver the Last Lecture at the Senior Celebration. The Last Lecture is a chance for the chosen faculty member to offer their thoughts and words of wisdom to the senior class before students embark on their journey beyond Muhlenberg.
Do you want to help decide which faculty member will give the Last Lecture, as well as the topics addressed? If so, apply to join the Last Lecture Committee.
The Senior Year Experience is looking for 4-6 motivated students who will work directly with the SYE Director and fellow committee members to:
- Promote to the senior class, the opportunity to nominate faculty members to deliver the Last Lecture
- Decide, based on students' nominations, the faculty member and invite him or her to speak
- Develop themes for the faculty member to consider using in their Last Lecture
- Create a slideshow of photos of the senior class to be viewed at the Senior Celebration
- Introduce the speaker at the event
Past faculty to deliver the Last Lecture include:Dr. David Rosenwasser (English), Dr. Sam Laposata (Economics), Professor Charles Anderson (African American Studies and Dance), Dr. Jeremy Teissere (Biology and Neuroscience), Dr. Kate Richmond (Psychology), and Dr. Larry Haas (Philosophy).
If you are interested in joining the Last Lecture Committee, please fill out the form below.
Want to learn more? Check out past years' lectures: