Mule Madness - Rules
Mule Madness kicks off March 10 and continues through April 6. Sixteen-teams will face-off in four single elimination brackets.
Joining the competition is as easy as making a gift online and selecting "Mule Madness" when entering your gift designation, by phone at 1-800-859-2243 or by sending a check (made payable to Muhlenberg College) to:
The Muhlenberg Fund
2400 Chew Street
Allentown, PA 18104.
Read on to learn what you need to know.
Regular Point Allowance:
• All teams are starting at current participation percentages.
Teams whose head coaches have already made gift this fund year receive a 1% point bonus at the end of Week 1.
• A gift made by a student-athlete, alumni athlete or parent of a current student athlete will count against the base for each team.
• A gift made by an alumnus/ae or a current student who is not an athlete, parent whose current student is not an athlete or other friend of the College can also count toward a designated team. For each of these groups, a combined 20 gifts will equal a 1% participation bonus for the designated team.
• 4-Point Play (1% point) – first-time donors in this Fund Year who make a gift greater than $100
• 3-Pointer (.75% point) – donors who already made a gift in this Fund Year but make an additional gift greater than $100
• Lay-up (.50% point) – first-time donors in this Fund Year who make a gift of $100 or less
• Foul Shot (.25% point) – donors who already made a gift in this Fund Year but make an additional gift of $100 or less
• Head Coach Bonus (1% point) – head coach of a team makes a gift
• Any team eliminated in Round 1 can still vie for a spot in the championship.
• If a team eliminated in Round 1 has a higher participation rate than another team already slotted for the championship, the wildcard team will knock that team out of the competition and take their place.
• Up to four teams can advance to the championship using the Wildcard Bid.
• The 12 teams that do not advance to the finals are eligible for the single elimination Consolation Bracket.
• Consolation Bracket will conclude on April 6 and follow an abbreviated competition schedule.
• The top four eliminated teams will receive an automatic bye in Round 1 of the Consolation Bracket.