Fitness and Athletics
Faculty and Lecturers serving on various committees for the current academic year are listed below with number of years remaining to be served.
|Sharon Albert (h)|
|Jorge Silveyra (s)|
|Kathleen Backynski (ss)|
- To act in an advisory capacity on behalf of the College to the appropriate authorities and/or bodies regarding the policies and conduct of the athletic affairs of the College. Deliberations will include the following areas:
- student participation in recreational, intramural and intercollegiate athletic events;
- membership and affiliations with athletic associations and conferences such as the NCAA, ECAC, and the Centennial Conference;
- the scheduling of athletic events, including the number of games to be played and the level of competition to be encountered;
- compliance with Title IX Federal Regulations relative to women’s athletic programs;
- number and variety of sports offered;
- consistency of athletic programs with the academic goals of the College.
- To evaluate periodically the athletic program and facilities with attention to such areas as structure, development, and long-range plans.
- To report to the President at the concluding regular meeting of each semester or at any time during the semester if warranted.
- To make recommendations concerning athletic and fitness policy to the Board of Trustees.