|• Winter 2003||Magazine Archive & Search • Muhlenberg Home|
named national chair of Muhlenberg Fund
Biology professor receives NSF grant for groundbreaking ecology study
Master potter exhibits new work in Martin Art Gallery
professor edits collection of Keats letters
Trustee addresses graduates of The Wescoe School
College receives funds for alcohol awareness program
award-winning magicians perform at Muhlenberg
Wescoe School offers scholarships to local firefighters
building dedicated to Walsons
Students walk for diabetes foundation
The College officially renamed the Commons as the John and Margaret Walson Communication Hall at a ceremony and reception in October.
Walson Hall was built in 1915 as Muhlenberg’s original dining hall. It housed the art department for many years and, most recently, the psychology and philosophy departments. Recently renovated, it is now home to the communication department as well as WMUH and a studio for MCTV, Muhlenberg’s television station.
With her husband, the late John Walson, Sr., Margaret Walson co-founded Service Electric, the country’s first cable television company. Their sons, John Walson, Jr., and Edward Walson, are owners of Service Electric Cable TV and Service Electric Company, respectively. A third subsidiary, Service Electric Cablevision, is controlled by the Walsons’ daughter, Rosalie Walter, and her husband, Hoyt.
In August, Margaret Walson received an honorary doctorate in humane letters from Muhlenberg College at the Opening Convocation ceremony.
|previous page||CONTENTS||next page|