Welcome to Muhlenberg
Move-in day is Thursday, Aug. 24, 2017, for first-year residential students.
We’re ready to welcome you, help you get off to a great Muhlenberg start and move-in! We’ve made a checklist below of steps that you can take to make this exciting day go smoothly. We encourage you to print this page and use it as a tip sheet.
Packing Your Stuff
More than 450 proud members of the class of 2021 will be moving in on the same day as you. Taking the following steps will help you prevent your stuff from getting mixed up with someone else’s (although, of course, that can be a memorable way to meet new friends…):
Before You Leave Home:
1. Clearly mark all of your bags with your name and room assignment. Lots of experience tells us this is best done with masking tape and a permanent marker.
2. Download and put in your vehicle now the Traffic Pattern Move-in Map.
Why? Because on move-in morning, we organize traffic in and around campus along a specific pattern so that you can get to your residence hall and unload quickly and efficiently.
When You Arrive on Campus, Take These Steps in This Order:
3. Go to the lobby of your residence hall to check in and retrieve your room key. The driver of your vehicle must stay with the vehicle.
4. Once your vehicle is in front of your residence hall, upper-class students will be on hand to assist you in taking items from your vehicle to your assigned room.
5. Once you have gotten your items up to your room and settled in a little:
Pick up your Orientation Weekend materials at the Welcome Center. It is located in the Light Lounge of the Seegers Union, between 7 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Tickets for the Family Lunch-on-the-Go (mentioned just below) are also available at the Welcome Center.
6. You’ve earned an enjoyable, rejuvenating lunch—what we call Family Lunch-on-the-Go: complimentary boxed lunches for students and families in Seegers Union from 11 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. Tickets for this lunch are available free of charge at the Orientation Welcome Center in the Seegers Union Light Lounge.
7. At 1 p.m. students and families will go their separate ways. Students will meet their orientation groups while parents join President Williams for a warm welcome at Empie Theater in the Baker Center for the Arts.
Are you a Commuter?
If so, pick up your Orientation Weekend materials at the Welcome Center, located in the Light Lounge of the Seegers Union any time between 7 a.m. and 1 p.m. Your tickets for the Family Lunch-on-the-Go are also available at the Welcome Center.