Welcome to Muhlenberg
While you are not new to college, you are one of the newest members of the Muhlenberg community. Your Orientation program will provide activities to assist with your transition here:
- familiarity with the campus, its resources, and traditions;
- integration into small groups so friendships and a sense of commitment to self and others as members of a community may begin;
- acknowledgement of the importance of diversity for a healthy community, including differences in religious, racial, and ethnic background, gender, cognitive or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, and academic disciplines.
Although the College is committed to assisting students in every way possible, we recognize that you must ultimately take responsibility for your education. The success of your time in college may ultimately be measured by the extent to which you have developed the capacity for responsible decision making.
Muhlenberg College's Transfer Orientation Program is designed to:
- Provide you with information about academic policies, expectations, resources, and process to help you make well-informed choices.
- Provide you with opportunities to interact with staff, other incoming students, and continuing students that contribute to your sense of belonging on campus.
- Help you become more familiar with of college values, personal and social expectations, and critical healthy and safety issues.
- Expose you to the history and traditions of the college and understand your membership in the larger Muhlenberg network.
- Provide you opportunities to begin to understand your individual identities as well as living and learning in a community of people representing diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Help you become more familiar with the Muhlenberg campus and our city, Allentown, PA.