Services for Students
Get info about what items you may check out and for how long:
Access your accounts:
Want some help finding databases and materials?
- Try our Subject guides
Want to see if that item your professor put on reserve is available?
Interested in working at the library?
Have a suggestion for something we should add to the collection?
- Fill out our Suggest a Purchase form
|Main Collection||Main Collection - Reference||Main Collection - Juvenile||New York Times Bestsellers Collection||AV - DVD/VHS/Blu-ray||AV - Audiobooks|
|Loan Period||28 days||3 days||21 days||7 days||21 days|
|Max. # of items||-||6|
Borrowing from Other Libraries
As members of an LVAIC college, Muhlenberg students, faculty, and staff can borrow directly from the following college libraries:
- Cressman Library - Cedar Crest College
- Trexler Library - DeSales University
- Lafayette College Libraries - Lafayette College
- Library Services - Lehigh University
- Reeves Library - Moravian College
You will need to get a borrower's ID from each library you use. Note: Due dates for materials and conditions for use will vary.
Materials may also be borrowed through Interlibrary Loan. IMPORTANT: Those materials must be returned to Trexler Library, not directly to the LVAIC library.
These nearby libraries are not part of LVAIC:
- Allentown Public Library
- Rohrbach Library - Kutztown University
- Lehigh Carbon Community College Library
- Lehigh County Historical Society (no on-line catalog and borrowing)
- The Library at Penn State Lehigh Valley
The use and borrowing policies of these institutions vary, and may require local or Pennsylvania residency.
Make a Research Appointment
Whether you are starting your first research project or have written a dozen papers already, you can benefit from a one-on-one session with a Muhlenberg College librarian:
- Search effectively the library databases and other resources
- Discover new research tools
- Coordinate your topic with available resources
- Narrow a topic via examination of resources
- Evaluate resources for appropriateness
- Cite sources in a bibliography
- Present your work using relevant technology
The subject specialist librarians welcome your request in person, by telephone, by e-mail, or by IM.