Academic Resource Center
In alignment with the mission, vision, and values of Muhlenberg College, the Academic Resource Center works to provide support for students’ academic transition, engagement, integration, growth and achievement through a holistic, community-based approach. Our services and practices are rooted in a humanistic model, informed by current research in education, psychology, and neuroscience.
In helping students to successfully navigate the rigors of a competitive academic environment and become lifelong learners, we provide opportunities to:
- Clarify and strengthen commitment to educational pursuits;
- Improve organization and planning skills;
- Develop efficient, effective, and strategic approaches to learning;
- Cultivate critical thinking and problem solving;
- Acquire knowledge and skills important to the practice of their discipline;
- Develop and demonstrate leadership abilities;
- Engage in a diverse and mutually supportive academic community.
Because the developmental needs of students change and evolve during their time at Muhlenberg, the Academic Resource Center works closely with faculty and staff to identify, connect with, and support students who may benefit from the culture of care that is embodied in the mission of our department.
For more information regarding our services, please visit About ARC.
The Academic Resource Center is located in the basement of Seegers Union, next to the Career Center and across from the bookstore.
During Fall and Spring Semesters
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
During Summer Session
Monday - Friday
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
(By appointment only with David Hallowell)
General Contact Information
Main Number: 484.664.3433