Student Laptop Loaner Program
Benefits and key features
The Student Laptop Loaner program is funded by the student technology fee. As such, loaner laptops can only be used by students. The program provides loaner laptops to students for academic use in select labs and classrooms. Laptops may be borrowed for short term ON-CAMPUS usage (see lending periods).
- Prevent damage to the equipment by using the case provided. If the equipment is damaged, return immediately to the Student Help Desk in Ettinger 001.
- Protect the equipment so that it is not lost or stolen. If lost or stolen, report this immediately to the Student Help Desk.
- Personal software may not be loaded onto the laptop computer at any time.
- Must save work onto a removable device; data will be purged when the system is turned off
- Peripherals - Adaptors, chargers - not to be repurposed; they are for the specific device.
Terms and Conditions
- Laptops are for on-campus use only (including MILE houses)
- Any off-campus, extended, or non-standard usage must be approved by OIT
- Return the laptop to the program in good condition by the date due
- PC laptops
- NSB 004 – Classroom only
- Shank 124 – Classroom only
- Shank 235 – Classroom only
- Trum 012 – Classroom only
- Trum 149 – Classroom only
- Trum 347 – Classroom only
- Mac laptops
- CA 98 – Classroom only
- Trexler Info Commons – Classroom only
- Walson MediaCom laptops – 7 days loan. Option to renew in person with device
- Walson 118 Laptops– Classroom only. Set up as requested.
- Film Studies Laptops– Special permission required based on need assessment. 7 days loan. Option to renew in person with device
Note: Access may be restricted if not returned within a week of due date.