Binge Drinking: Causes and Consequences
Binge Drinking FAQ
- What are some of the negative consequences of binge drinking?
- What are some of the attitudes or beliefs that contribute to binge drinking?
- What are the main effects of alcohol on the brain?
- What are the long term effects of alcohol on the brain?
- Is alcohol addictive?
- What effect does the environment in which you consume alcohol have on its addictive properties?
- How can you overdose from drinking alcohol?
- Why do men and women differ in their sensitivity to alcohol?
- On average, how many drinks (one drink equals - 12oz. beer, 4oz. wine, 1oz. shot) can an individual consume in one hour and still remain within a relatively safe blood alcohol concentration (BAC) zone?
- Does alcohol advertising and promotion increase alcohol consumption?
- If alcohol advertising does not necessarily increase consumption, why are scholars concerned about youth's exposure to ads?
- How does the media represent alcohol consumption?
- What is the basic premise of alcohol advertising?