The Muhlenberg College Purchasing Department is dedicated to insuring the timely and cost effective procurement of goods and services. The Purchasing Department endeavors to maximize the college's purchasing power through several methods which include consortia purchasing, negotiation of pricing agreements, and competitive bidding, while adhering to the Code of Ethics established by The National Association of Educational Procurement, www.naepnet.org.
The Purchasing Department is continually involved in the following areas:
- Recommending suppliers and product lines that will meet the Muhlenberg College standards for quality, price and performance.
- Reviewing current vendor performance and pricing.
- Assisting with budget projections for departments as well as major projects.
- Communicating purchasing policies and procedures to the college community.
- Evaluating new products and services.
- Identifying areas where the purchasing process can be improved.