( Internships must be registered with the Registrar’s Office. Volunteer opportunities are not internships and do not have to be registered.)
Lehigh Valley Health Network – LVHN offers a variety of volunteer opportunities. For further information or to apply, please visit: http://www.lvhn.org/Become_a_Volunteer
St. Luke's Hospital -St. Luke's Hospital has a variety of volunteer opportunities that will give you first hand knowledge of what it is like to be in the healthcare field. To see the list of opportunities visit www.slhn.org and type in volunteer.
Good Shepherd Rehabilitation - Volunteer Opportunities are available to students. A training session is required.
To apply, visit http://www.goodshepherdrehab.org/volunteer-application.
Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired – The students can choose between two volunteer opportunities.
- Take someone to an activity or mall just to get them out for awhile.
- Vision screenings for kindergarten students and the elderly.
Cetronia Ambulance Corps - They have offered us two opportunities.
- The Ride Along Program – the student will get to ride along in the ambulance and observe all procedures of an ambulance call.
- Para transit – the student would help transport non-emergency patients by ambulance to doctor appointments, rehab, etc.
Camelot for Children - This is an organization that helps seriously, chronically, terminally ill and handicapped children. Volunteers are needed for the teen and children's events which are listed on the website. For further information, please visit: http://www.camelotforchildren.org/.
Hospice - Muhlenberg College hosts training for those interested in becoming hospice volunteers. The volunteer will help terminally ill patients and their families with emotionally support and companionship.
Miller Blood Center - They have two opportunities.
- Donor Aid – Assist the phlebotomist in the collection of blood from the patient. Various activities are included in this assistance.
- Canteen Attendant – Post donation volunteer. The student will monitor the person after they give blood. This is done at various sites throughout the Lehigh Valley.
- If interested, contact Naomi Pratt, Director at 610-691-5850.
For further volunteer opportunities, please contact the Office of Community Service and Civic Engagement or visit their website at: