How to make a report to the CARE Team?
Anyone can report concerning, disruptive, alarming, or threatening behaviors to the CARE Team by:
What Does CARE Need to Know?
Providing as much information as possible is essential:
- Student name and ID number (if known).
- Brief factual description and direct quotes of the incident or behavior.
- Where and when the incident or behavior occurred.
- Names and contact information of witnesses.
- Your name, position and complete contact information.
- Always save voice recordings, text messages, screenshots and emails on the device that received them.
What happens next?
Once the CARE Team has been contacted about a student concern, someone from the team will proceed to gather as much information as possible to determine if/when an intervention should occur and in what manner.
In most cases the individual of concern will be contacted and requested to meet with a member of the CARE Team. If the CARE Team is unable to make contact with the student they may elicit other resources on campus to reach out.
During the meeting the individual will be given resources and ways to connect to them. The CARE Team will then follow up with the individual to assure that they received the support and resources that they are in need of.
Where can I get more information about CARE?
Contact the Coordinator of Student Support Services- Michele Paules LCSW, Michelepaules@muhlenberg.edu