Pregnancy can be scary if it is unintentional, but there are many resources to help you make the decision that is best for your individual circumstances. Before making any rash decisions, learn more about the signs and symptoms of pregnancy, and the many available options you have to move forward.
Signs and Symptoms of Pregnancy:
- Having a missed period
- Tender breasts
- Morning sickness
- Frequent urination
Click here for more information on signs and symptoms of pregancy.
Confirm your condition by:
- Taking a pregnancy test
- Pregnancy tests measure the amount of hCG in your urine. These tests are not always accurate early in pregnancy. Take your test a week after your first missed period for best results.
- The Health Center provides free urine pregnancy testing
- Seeing a doctor
- Even if you take a home pregnancy test, it is important to see a doctor to confirm your condition and talk with a health care professional
Resources for emotional support
- Muhlenberg’s Counseling Services
- American Pregnancy Helpline: (866)-942-6466 (Twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week)
- Planned Parenthood: 800-230-PLAN (7526) - for routing to local resources
Links for more information: