Student Laptop Loaner Program
OIT Help Desk
To schedule any loan, you must submit a request for a loaner in the IT Support Portal (login required) or contact the OIT Help Desk with your needs. Please include the following information:
- Dates the equipment is needed, including date of return.
- Any special needs
- Advance notice is required if any college-supported software needs to be installed on a borrowed computer
It is imperative that you return all borrowed equipment on the date you have specified since other borrowers may be expecting to use that machine.
To be eligible to borrow equipment you must be:
- A student actively registered for classes on campus
Restrictions and Responsibilties:
- All loans are subject to availability. We have a limited number.
- Loaner laptops are made available for short term, non-recurring use, only.
- Longer term laptop loans (approaching a semester) are considered on a case-by-case basis and are subject to sufficient loaner pool reserve capacity.
- We cannot guarantee a laptop with the requirements you have will be available; therefore the earlier you request a computer loan, the better chance you have of getting what you need.
- Prevent damage to the equipment by using the case provided. If the equipment is damaged, return immediately to the OIT Help Desk in Ettinger 002.
- Local storage on the device is not available. All files must be stored on Google Drive, the College’s cloud storage solution. Note: Windows devices are set up like lab computers. Upon reboot, any installed software or locally stored files will be gone.
- Protect the equipment so that it is not lost or stolen. If lost or stolen, report this immediately to the OIT Help Desk and Campus Safety.
LATE RETURN POLICY:
- Laptops returned 24 hours past due:
- 1st Late Offense – Student is restricted from laptop checkout for the remainder of the semester.
- 2nd Late Offense – Student is restricted from laptop checkout for the remainder of the academic year.
- Laptops not returned within 7 days from the due date will be locked and unusable.
- Students who wish to request an extension on an existing loan must contact the OIT Help Desk before the device is past due.
Loaned equipment for use by the eligible borrower only, who is responsible for its proper use and the undamaged return (normal wear and tear excepted) of all borrowed equipment and accessories. Damage or loss caused by negligence, or the non return of equipment will be reported to the Dean of Students Office.
Classroom/Lab Loaners (Lending Periods)
- NSB 004 – Classroom only
- Shank 124 – Classroom only
- Shank 235 – Classroom only
- Trum 012 – Classroom only
- Trum 149 – Classroom only
- Trum 347 – Classroom only
- CA 98 – Classroom only
- Trexler Info Commons – Classroom only
- Walson MediaCom laptops – 7 days loan. Option to renew in person with device
- Walson 118 Laptops– Classroom only. Set up as requested.
- Film Studies Laptops– Special permission required based on need assessment. 7 days loan. Option to renew in person with device
Note: Access may be restricted if not returned within a week of due date.