Media Services Equipment Request Form
(Faculty/Staff only, students must have advisor's approval)
Media Services is responsible for instructional and presentational technology. The following services are available:
- Audio/Video presentation set-ups for on campus locations
- Classroom technology support and troubleshooting
- Technology system design and implementation
- Classroom/conference room technology training
Media Services office hours (may vary during break periods):
Most classrooms are furnished with a “Techwall” system which has a standardized bank of equipment including an HP computer, Oppo Blu-ray player, VHS player, Wolfvision Document camera, and VGA/HDMI auxiliary laptop cables. If there is a specific need for other equipment, please contact Media Services directly.
Please follow the instructions below regarding Equipment Requests for Non-classroom Spaces:
- Community members are welcome to use any built-in equipment in public campus spaces.
- If your meeting or teaching space does not contain the necessary equipment, please fill out the Media Service Equipment Request Form .
- After your request has been processed, you will receive an automatic confirmation as well as a Google Calendar event request. This will serve as your reminder of your request.
In addition to Routine and Special Equipment Requests, Media Services provides equipment for rental use. Small adapters, cables, video cameras, etc. are available for reservation and pickup upon request. This is to encourage users who prefer a “self-help” approach. Walk-ins are welcome.
Please note the following:
- The form is restricted to Faculty/Staff. If you do not have access, please contact your Department or visit Media Services in Ettinger 008.
- If you need immediate assistance in a classroom during office hours, please use the Tech Support (black button) phone located on most podiums, or near teaching stations.
- In the event that service is required on equipment, immediately contact Media Services at x3455
Equipment is divided into two categories: Routine and Special Equipment.
ROUTINE EQUIPMENT: (Not all items are listed)
Require 48 Hour Notice
- Digital Display Carts (LCD TV with connecting cables)
- Projectors with connecting cables
- USB webcams
- Easels (paper and markers not supplied by Media Services)
- Cable bags for connecting to projection systems
- Podium mics (in rooms with built in sound sound systems)
SPECIAL EQUIPMENT: (Not all items are listed)
Require 2 Week Notice
Special arrangements must be made with Media Services for all items listed below.
- Video cameras (Canon HD handicam)
- microphones, portable sound systems
- Digital audio recorders
- Video recording services
- long term equipment requests
- On-site, dedicated technician
- special events
- off-campus events
Media Services relies on student employees to perform many of the duties associated with the department. Students are trained to handle routine requests and basic setups. Student employees with specific training may be available to assist in some special events. In some instances, charges will be incurred for special requests.