Seegers Union Opening Measures for Spring 2021
In early February, Seegers Union will open to Muhlenberg faculty and staff and students approved to reside on campus and approved to live off campus. We have implemented some important changes for the spring semester.
Prior to Entering Seegers Union
- Complete the Self-Assessment online, or via the iMuhlenberg app.
- If you are not feeling well or are experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19 please stay home.
- A mask or face covering is required at ALL times.
- Be sure to wear your ID with the appropriate sticker. Please have the ID visibly displayed using a College issued lanyard.
College IDs and Stickers
Access to Seegers Union is limited to those members of the Muhlenberg community authorized by the College and have current sticker on their College ID:
- Faculty & Staff 2020-2021 - Orange Sticker
- Students living in On Campus Housing - Yellow Sticker
- Students approved to live in Off Campus Housing & all approved Commuters - Blue Sticker
- GCE Students - Blue Sticker
- Remote Students - No Sticker
Note: Those entereing Seegers Union are required to wear a College ID, with their appropriate sticker, on a college provided lanyard, at all times while in the building
The Office of Seegers Union and Campus Events is open to create new and replacement IDs from 8:45 AM - 4:45 PM Monday through Friday. Outside of these hours, please contact Campus Safety at 484-664-3112.
Updated Hours of Operation
Seegers Union hours of operation have been modified for the spring semester:
Monday - Friday 7:00 AM - 1:00 AM
Saturday -Sunday 10:00 AM - 1:00 AM
Office of Seegers Union & Campus Events Hours:
Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Navigating Seegers Union
Following the social norms established on campus, masks are required at all times except when while dining. Please see links for associated diagrams.
- The main entrance to Seegers Union has been designated as the only entrance. Please use the right set of doors directly off Parents Plaza. All other doors are designated as exits for the building.
- The main stair tower, located across from the Information Desk, is designated as the DOWN stairs to access the lower level. The stair tower by the tower entrance near the Wood Dining Commons is designated as UP stairs to access the main level from the lower level.
- Follow directional signage and maintain physical distancing when using the meeting rooms, lounge areas, entering offices and at each dining location.
- Hand sanitizer stations are located at the main entrance and throughout the building. We ask that our campus community assist housekeeping staff and our efforts to keep the community safe by wiping down furniture before and after use.
- Use a stylus for printers, copiers, scanners, and keyboards.
The Lounges and Meeting Rooms
- Each of the lounges and primary meeting rooms in Seegers Union have been modified to enable safe seating following the physical distancing guidelines established by the CDC, the State and College policy. Seating has been taped off that does not meet safe physical distancing guidelines. The staff will modify seating as guidelines evolve.
- Signage is posted at each lounge area and meeting room identifying the maximum capacity.
- There are two tents that will become available as the weather/temperature enables safe use. These tents will be available to support dining overflow, create additional informal social space and limited scheduled programming:
- Burkholder Quadrangle Tent (formerly known as the Brown Mall) is a 50’ x 80’ tent that will have a capacity of 70 set with one chair at a 36” round table following social distancing practices. This tent will have wifi, ambient lighting and heating capabilities.
- The East Chapel Lawn Tent is a 30’ x 30’ tent that will have no sidewall or heat and seat approx 20 theatre style following social distancing practices.
- While there will be very limited on campus programming, both of these locations will be available for use as informal spaces and can be scheduled for limited programming through 25Live, based on the College’s guidelines using the Event Scheduling Guide.
Reserving Other Facilities for in Person Programming
- Meeting Spaces will be prioritized for classes, informal lounge and study space. Seating capacity has been reduced in all areas to meet current physical distancing guidelines.
- Designated classroom and studio spaces throughout campus have been made available for use by students and may be scheduled using the IMLeagues application available via the iMuhlenberg app. Classroom spaces are for the express use as quiet study space and to attend virtual classes remotely. The use of classroom and studio spaces by student organizations is prohibited.
- While many of the College’s meeting and programming spaces will be utilized to support classes, informal social space and study space, available meeting spaces and outdoor spaces can be scheduled for limited programming through 25Live, based on the College’s guidelines using the Event Scheduling Guide.
- Student organizations are highly discouraged from hosting any in-person meetings and should consider using Zoom for their meetings whenever possible. Student organization events may be scheduled in consultation with the Office of Student Organizations, Leadership & Engagement, when deemed appropriate. Please reference these Event Evaluation Guidlines to determine if your meeting or event can be scheduled. Student performance organizations will not be permitted to rehearse or perform in groups on or off campus, per the Singing Policy. Finally, please note that many meeting and event spaces have been repurposed for informal gathering and dining space. These spaces are no longer available to be scheduled for events. A phased approach for student organization involvement will be announced in early February 2021.
- Market Tables are limited to Parents Plaza or the Light Lounge. Staffing these tables is restricted to one person per table and must maintain 6’ of space between the staffer and customers.
- Fire Pits throughout campus, patio heaters on Parents Plaza and an assortment of lawn games and adirondack chairs are available for informal socializing with physical distancing in mind. Access to clean blankets may be requested at the Information Desk, just inside the main entrance to Seegers Union.
Dining Services has modified hours of operation and seating restrictions. Please use the Dining Services link for additional information.
Please click here for the latest College information on COVID-19.
For questions, please contact the Office of Seegers Union and Campus Events at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your cooperation in keeping our campus community safe.