Founded in 1848, Muhlenberg College is a highly selective, coeducational, residential college of liberal arts and sciences located in eastern Pennsylvania's picturesque Lehigh Valley. The campus is about one hour north of Philadelphia, 90 minutes west of New York City and in close proximity to the Appalachian Trail. The College currently enrolls more than 2,200 full-time day students and has enjoyed steadily increasing selectivity and student quality.
Detailed job descriptions are created in PDF formats, which require Adobe Acrobat Reader to display. If you do not have this product, please install a free copy.
Please follow the application instructions specific to each of the positions below. For more information about the College, visit our web site at http://www.muhlenberg.edu.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Muhlenberg College is committed to valuing and enhancing diversity and encourages applications from individuals who can contribute to the diversity of our community.
- Assistant Director – Immediate opening for a full-time, year-round Assistant Director in Muhlenberg College’s busy Career Center. Primary responsibilities include career counseling/advising individual students regarding career options; development and implementation of various events, workshops and programs; and conducting outreach to groups of students. Qualifications: Master's degree in student personnel, career counseling or related field required. Related professional experience, including experience working with career assessment tools required; experience using Symplicity strongly preferred. Experience in planning and marketing career planning/career development events required. The successful candidate will have a strong appreciation for and commitment to the mission of a selective liberal arts institution. Starting salary of $40-$44K depending on background and experience. Click here for full job description. To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with both "Job #1529" and your last name in the subject line. Attach a single pdf document including your cover letter, resume, and the names/contact information for at least 3 references. Application deadline is 4 p.m. July 30, 2015. Application review begins immediately and will continue until the position has been filled. E.O.E. We are no longer accepting applications for this position
DEVELOPMENT AND ALUMNI RELATIONS
- Associate Director of the Muhlenberg Fund - Responsible for raising funds for The Muhlenberg Fund from alumni and other donors. Incumbent maintains a portfolio of 250 prospects capable of making leadership gifts to the College. Must work closely with other areas in the department to continuously develop beneficial relationships between constituents and the College. Travel schedule includes 15-18 prospect visits per month. Must attend major on-campus College functions including, but not limited to, Reunion and Honors Convocation as well as regional alumni event activities. Bachelor’s degree and some experience in higher education annual giving required. Strong analytical and assessment skills required including a demonstrated understanding of fundraising techniques, donor relations and stewardship. Click here for job description.
To apply, email a single pdf document including your cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to email@example.com. Please note both "Job #1532" and your last name in the subject line of your email. Applicant review begins immediately and will continue until the position has been filled. E.O.E.
- Assistant Director, Multicultural Life (full-time, year-round) - The Assistant Director supports campus-wide programmatic initiatives to cultivate a community of inclusivity, pursuing specific goals and objectives as agreed upon with the Director of Multicultural Life. The Assistant Director’s responsibilities include serving as staff mentor for the Emerging Leader Program, supervising work-study students in the Multicultural Life office, maintaining a system of communication between the Multicultural Center and affinity groups on campus, and maintaining web pages for the Multicultural Center. Starting salary is $36,000 - $40,000 depending upon background and experience. Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred. Must have a demonstrated commitment to multiculturalism and social justice, as well as the ability to work well both collaboratively and independently. Click here for job description.
To apply, email resume, cover letter and names/contact information for three references in a single pdf document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include both your last name and Job #1531 in the Subject line of your email. Application deadline is August 10, 2015. Muhlenberg College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from candidates who can contribute to the diversity of our campus community.We are no longer accepting applications for this position
PHILOSOPHY and RELIGION STUDIES DEPARTMENT
- Administrative Assistant, Philosophy and Religion Studies Departments – Immediate staff associate opening supporting two academic departments. The position is full-time (35 hours/week) during the academic year, with limited summer hours for a total of 1435 hours per year. The incumbent interacts with faculty, staff and students on a regular basis. Position requires excellent time management and organization skills. A minimum of three years of secretarial/administrative assistant experience and excellent computer skills (MSWord and Excel) are required. Working knowledge of website software (or willingness and ability to learn it) is required. Starting rate of $15.00 - $17.50 per hour, depending upon background and experience. Muhlenberg offers excellent benefits, including eligibility to tuition programs for employees and dependents after two years of service. To apply, email your cover letter, resume and names and contact information for three references to email@example.com noting “Job #1533” and your name in the subject line of the email. Application deadline is August 24, 2015. E.O.E. Click here for job description **No longer accepting applications for this position**
- Custodian FT– (10 pm-6:30 am) performing housekeeping duties in campus buildings. Custodial experience preferred. Send resume or apply in person to Muhlenberg College, HR Office, Job # 1509, 2400 Chew St., Allentown, PA 18104. EOE. Click here for job description.
- Custodian PT- Weekends (6 am-2:30 pm) academic year. Custodial experience preferred. Send resume or apply in person to Muhlenberg College, HR Office, Job # 1510, 2400 Chew St., Allentown, PA 18104. EOE. Click here for job description.
- Groundskeeper (Job #1534) - Full-time, year-round position. Primary responsibilities include grounds upkeep, moving and set-up of furniture, repair and preventive maintenance of grounds department equipment, and removal of snow and ice. Ability to lift 50+ pounds, clean driving record and valid driver’s license and satisfactory background check required. One year of experience required, 2 years of landscaping or horticulture preferred. Experience with skid steer loader, front end loaders and chainsaw a plus. Starting salary $12.15/hour. Click here for full job description. Click here for printable application form, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail resume (or apply in person) to Muhlenberg College, HR Office - Job #1534, 2400 Chew Street, Allentown, PA 18104. E.O.E.
- Assistant Professor - The Department of Psychology invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in an applied area of Psychology to begin Fall 2016. Muhlenberg College is committed to hiring and supporting faculty who can contribute to our development of a culturally diverse community through their teaching, scholarship, and service. The successful candidate will be student centered and strongly committed to community-based and diversity-related teaching and research in a small liberal arts college environment. Candidates with expertise in one or more of the following are preferred: Community/Counseling psychology, Industrial/Organizational Psychology or Forensic Psychology. Teaching load is three courses per semester and will include courses within the candidate’s area of expertise and core courses such as introductory psychology, statistics, research methods, and courses that contribute to the College’s General Academic Goals. Qualifications include: a Doctorate in an applied area of Psychology, evidence of excellent teaching, and an active research program that will involve undergraduates. For more information about our department visit http://www.muhlenberg.edu/depts/psychology/aboutus.html. Review of materials will begin immediately. For best consideration, apply before September 30. Applicants should submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching and research interests, evidence of teaching excellence, and three letters of reference to: Dr. Mark Sciutto, Department of Psychology, Muhlenberg College, 2400 Chew St., Allentown, PA 18104-5586. Electronic submissions can be sent to PsychJobs@muhlenberg.edu. Applicants are encouraged to combine materials into a single PDF file (references may be sent separately). Muhlenberg College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Visiting Assistant Professor - The Department of Sociology and Anthropology at Muhlenberg College invites applications for a Visiting Assistant Professor of Sociology beginning Fall 2015. This is a one-year non-tenure track position. We seek a broadly trained sociologist with an active research agenda, demonstrated effective and innovative teaching, and a strong commitment to quality liberal arts education. Ph.D. required. The successful candidate will teach at different levels of a rigorous undergraduate curriculum, including introductory sociology and research design and methods. A strong preference will be given to candidates who have experience teaching courses in gender and sexuality. Other areas of specialization could include: inequality, environmental sociology, law and punishment, urban sociology, and social movements.
Muhlenberg College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to preparing students for leadership in an increasingly interdependent world, and affirms the educational benefits of diversity. We encourage applicants to explain how their teaching and research have contributed to understanding and strengthening diversity. Interested candidates should apply online by sending: 1) a letter of application that includes a statement of teaching and research interests; 2) a curriculum vitae; 3) sample teaching materials with evidence of teaching excellence; 4) graduate school transcripts; and, 5) three letters of references to SocAnthJob@muhlenberg.edu. Also, please direct any inquiries to Tracy Kline, Department Administrative Assistant, at the email address above. The review of materials will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Muhlenberg is a highly selective, private, liberal arts college of 2,200 students. Located in the Lehigh Valley, the college is within easy reach of New York City, Philadelphia and Washington D.C., as well as coastal and mountain recreation areas. The college offers a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salaries.
Muhlenberg College is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from candidates who are committed to valuing and enhancing the diversity of its community.
Last updated: July 31, 2015