Detailed job descriptions are created in PDF formats, which require Adobe Acrobat Reader to display. If you do not have this product, please install a free copy.
Please follow the application instructions specific to each of the positions below. For more information about the College, visit our web site at http://www.muhlenberg.edu.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Muhlenberg College is committed to valuing and enhancing diversity and encourages applications from individuals who can contribute to the diversity of our community.
- Assistant Director, Admission (Job #1646) - Muhlenberg College seeks energetic, articulate, thoughtful candidates to fill an Assistant Director, Admission opening. The successful candidate will plan and execute recruitment travel in specified geographic regions, interview prospective students, and evaluate applications. Weekend and evening work is required, as is a valid driver’s license and clear driving record. Competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
Candidates must have at least a Bachelor of Arts degree. An appreciation for and understanding of the value of the small, residential liberal arts experience is essential. One or more years of relevant work experience preferred. Stamina, a well-developed work ethic, and a sense of humor are also important.
Founded in 1848, Muhlenberg College is a highly selective, coeducational, residential college of liberal arts and sciences located in eastern Pennsylvania’s picturesque Lehigh Valley, one hour north of Philadelphia and 90 minutes west of New York City. The College currently enrolls roughly 2,200 full-time day students and has enjoyed consistently strong applicant pools.
Click here for full job description. To apply, email a single pdf document including a cover letter specifically addressing your interest in this position, your resume, and the names and contact information of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include both your last name and Job #1646 in the “subject” line of your email. For best consideration, apply by August 5, 2016. Resume review begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
- Gift Accounting Specialist (Job #1643) – Reporting to the Director of Advancement Services, the Gift Accounting Specialist is responsible for managing donor contributions within Advancement and allied departments on the Muhlenberg College campus. This position is part of a two-person gift accounting team that ensures all contributions to Muhlenberg College are accurately posted in the advancement database, reconciled with bank deposits and acknowledged in accordance with IRS regulations, Donor Bill of Rights and College standards. The candidate must be capable of working independently with limited supervision. This job requires a detail oriented person with a high degree of accuracy regarding entry of data. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required; experience working with an advancement database such as Millennium, Raiser’s Edge or Advance is preferred. Knowledge in general accounting principles helpful. This is a full-time, 35 hour per week position reporting to the Director of Advancement Services. Starting salary is $2,500 - $2,575 per month, depending upon background and experience. Click here for full job description and qualifications required.
To apply, email cover letter, resume and names/contact information for three references to email@example.com. Please note both "Job #1643" and your last name in the subject line of the email. Applications will be reviewed as received. Application deadline is July 22, 2016.
- Assistant Director, Student Philanthropy (Job #1629) - Assists in building relationships and raising funds to support the current operations of the College. Manages the phonathon operation, which includes recruitment, training and supervision of student workers. Develops and implements educational programming on the importance of philanthropic support and class gifts. Bachelor’s degree required; one to two years in philanthropy or higher education experience preferred. Salary of $37,000 - $40,000 depending on background and experience. Click here for full job description.
If you find that your background and experience have prepared you for this position, apply by emailing a single pdf including your cover letter, resume and names/contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure that the subject line of your email includes both your last name and Job #1629. Applicant review begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
- Systems Analyst (Job #1645) - Office of Information Technology seeks to fill a full-time Systems Analyst position. The qualified candidate will be self-motivated and possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Responsibilities include capturing business needs and system requirements through collaborative end-user discussions, and designing, developing and documenting systems for use by the various administrative and academic departments in a project-oriented, team environment.
Qualifications: Relevant experience in an enterprise environment, preferably in higher education, for a minimum of four years. Experience writing and maintaining applications that interface with SQL Server and other database management systems. Applicant should possess a solid understanding of Transact SQL, Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services/Reporting Services and Visual Basic. Linux experience a plus. Must have demonstrated ability to stay aware of the latest technologies and trends. Click here for full job description.
For best consideration, apply by August 31, 2016, by emailing cover letter, resume and names/contact information of three references to email@example.com, Please include both your last name and "Job #1645” in the Subject line of your email. Application review begins immediately and will continue until the position has been filled. E.O.E.
PHYSICAL EDUCATION & ATHLETICS
- Life Guard – PT - 3-4 mornings per week 6-9am;occasional afternoons. Additional hours may be available during college breaks. Must have current Lifeguard certification including CPR, First Aid and AED. $12/ hour. Contact Corey Goff via email: firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please).
- Men's Tennis Coach (Job # 1637) - Part-time, Head Men's Tennis Coach position may include additional part-time operation and/or administrative responsibilities. Coaching experience required. Click here for detailed a job description.
No phone calls please. To apply, send letter of interest, resume, and the names and contact information of three references to email@example.com. Please be sure to include your name and Job # 1637 in the Subject line of your email. Application review begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. For best consideration, apply by July 27, 2016.
- Custodian Full-time– (6:00am – 2:30pm, Monday – Friday) performing housekeeping duties in campus buildings. Custodial experience preferred. Send resume or apply in person to Muhlenberg College, HR Office, Job #1644, 2400 Chew St., Allentown, PA 18104. EOE. Click here for full job description.
- Custodian PT- Weekends (6:00am - 2:30pm) academic year. Custodial experience preferred. Send resume or apply in person to Muhlenberg College, HR Office, Job # 1510, 2400 Chew St., Allentown, PA 18104. EOE. Click here for job description.
- Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
Muhlenberg College located in Allentown, Pennsylvania, seeks a Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs (“Provost”). Founded in 1848, Muhlenberg is a selective residential, undergraduate, coeducational, private liberal arts college. The institution enrolls approximately 2,200 full-time students in its traditional undergraduate program and nearly 200 additional adult learners in the Wescoe School of Continuing Education. With an endowment of approximately $237 million and annual budget of approximately $130 million, the College is known for its academic rigor, faculty who are committed to their students, and a close sense of community.
As the chief academic officer of the College, the Provost reports to the President and is a key member of the President’s administrative cabinet. The Provost’s team includes the Dean of the Wescoe School; the Dean of the College for Academic Life; the Dean of Global Education; the Dean of Institutional Assessment and Academic Planning; the College Registrar; the Director of Trexler Library; the Associate Dean of Digital Learning; the Associate Dean of Diversity Initiatives; the heads of 19 academic departments (encompassing 170 full-time faculty); and the Directors of three centers and institutes, and three honors programs.
This is an opportune moment for Muhlenberg. Over the past decade, the College has been on an upward trajectory—strengthening the academic quality of its student body, increasing its number of applicants, wrapping up its most successful capital campaign, enhancing both student and faculty diversity, and completing many capital construction projects. The new Provost will work with the President, senior colleagues, the faculty and the entire College community to further the impact and reputation of the institution.
Muhlenberg seeks a strategic thinker who will champion all aspects of the educational enterprise at the College. He or she will enhance academic rigor, nurture the scholarly activities of faculty, foster creativity in the curriculum, shape the long-range academic strategic plan for the College, and strengthen Muhlenberg’s identity, diversity and reputation. The Provost will allocate resources to support existing core programs and pave the way for new ones that will help Muhlenberg to thrive.
The successful candidate will have a record of proven and effective academic and administrative leadership. He or she will also possess a collaborative, communicative leadership style; administrative, budgetary, and management skills; a demonstrated commitment to diversity; an understanding of effective program assessment; and knowledge of academic technologies. An earned doctorate or other terminal degree is required, as is a record of scholarship and teaching commensurate with appointment as a full professor.
Inquiries, nominations, and/or applications (including a curriculum vitae and a letter of interest) should be directed in confidence to: Anita Tien, Vice President and Randi Alberry, Associate, Isaacson, Miller at www.imsearch.com/5772.
- Title IX Coordinator (Job #1641) - Muhlenberg College announces an immediate opening for a full-time, year-round Title IX Coordinator. The Title IX Coordinator position, under the supervision of the Dean of Students, has responsibilities critical to the development, implementation and monitoring of efforts to comply with Title IX legislation, regulation and case law. Responsibilities include monitoring and enforcing the Sexual and Gender-Based Misconduct Policy; coordinating the prompt, effective, and equitable investigation and timely resolution of complaints of sexual misconduct; and leading education, training, prevention and awareness efforts related to sex- and gender-based discrimination for students, faculty and staff. The Title IX Coordinator also has responsibilities related to required reporting, and for case management for each reported incident of sexual and gender-based misconduct. The successful candidate will have prior experience in the Title IX Coordinator role and be a skilled investigator, capable of sensitively handling reports/complaints and maintaining objectivity throughout the investigation and resolution processes.
Qualifications: Master’s degree (in Higher Ed/Student Personnel, Human Services, Counseling Psychology, other related field, or JD) with Title IX Coordinator experience preferred; Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of three years as a certified Title IX Coordinator may be substituted for the Master’s degree. Demonstrated and proven working knowledge of Title IX and related laws required, including a clear understanding of developments in Title IX, VAWA, Campus SaVE, Clery Act and OCR “Dear Colleague” letters. Excellent policy and data analysis skills essential.
For the full job description, click here. Starting salary of $70-$75K depending upon background and experience. Muhlenberg College offers excellent benefits, including tuition scholarship plans for dependents after two years of service.
To apply, email your cover letter, resume and names/contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to note both Job #1641 AND your own last name in the subject line of your email. Application review will continue until the position has been filled.
- Head, Library Systems and Information Transfer Services (LSITS)- (Job #1625)- Muhlenberg College seeks a dynamic, collegial, and enthusiastic manager for the Library Systems and Information Transfer Services (LSITS) team providing discovery, access, and library technology services for our Trexler Library. An ALA-accredited Master's degree in library or information science, or an appropriate graduate-level degree in a computer and/or information technology field is required. Responsibilities include managing a very talented staff; web and digital collections development; support and integration of existing and emerging library technology interfaces; and circulation/access services. Trexler Library staff also focuses on excellent customer service and a commitment to collaboration across the campus community. This is an excellent opportunity for a tech-savvy librarian who is excited about sharing their expertise to enhance teaching and learning at a small, liberal arts college. Click here for full job description.
Starting salary of $60-$65K depending upon background and experience. To apply, send letter of interest, resume, and contact information for 3 references (preferably as a single pdf) to email@example.com. Please include both your last name and Job #1625 in the "Subject" line of your email. For best consideration, please apply by May 6, 2016. Application review begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Anticipated start date is July 1, 2016.
An equal opportunity employer, Muhlenberg College is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding faculty and staff from racial and ethnic groups that have been traditionally underrepresented in higher education. For additional information about Muhlenberg's commitment to diversity and inclusion, applicants can visit the College's Diversity Strategic Plan.
Last updated: July 26, 2016