Why Learn a Language?
Careers with Languages
The Department of Languages, Literatures and Cultures at Muhlenberg College offers students the opportunity to acquire and advance communicative skills in: Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Russian, and Spanish.
Students can major or minor in French, German, Russian, and Spanish as well as receive Teacher Certification in French, German, and Spanish.
The Language Learning Center provides information, technological resources, and professional expertise that facilitate the effective use of technology for the study of languages, literatures and cultures.
All of our courses and degree programs enhance the international dimension of students’ liberal-arts education. We strongly encourage students to participate in study abroad programs. For more information, visit the Office of Global Education.
- International Festival, Main Event Space, 5-8 PM, Dec. 2, 2014
- Spanish Club November 2014 Calendar
- - French Club November 2014 Calendar
- Language Tables Meeting Times
- Faculty Research
- Student Activities
- KALLIOPE: 2013-2014 Edition
- Spoonfuls of Germany, Topton, PA, 7pm. Wed. Nov. 19, 2014
- Days of the Dead events, Oct. 30-Nov 2, 2014 - Photo Album
- Crêpes Sale from the French Club, Nov. 11, 2014
Documentary “Ode to Joy and Freedom”, Nov. 10, 2014
- Empanadas Sale from the Spanish Club, Nov 6-7 and 13-14, 2014
- National French Week, Nov. 5-11, 2014 - Photo Album
- Careers in Foreign Language Alumni Pane, Tue. Nov. 4, 2014
- Salsa Class with Instructor Eric Bass, Friday, Oct. 31, 2014
- Student Trip to see Carmen at the Met in NYC, Tue. Oct. 28, 2014
- Film screening/ panel discussion: Oro Macht Frei, Oct. 12, 2014
- Spanish and Latin-American Cooking Class, Sat. Oct. 11, 2014
- Spanish Club October 2014 Calendar- French Club October 2014 Calendar
- Spanish Club's Game Night, Sept 29, 2014
- Rodica Draghincescu, Tuesday, Sept. 16, 2014
- Professor Kathryn Wixon Retires After 28 Years at 'Berg!
- Language Honors Societies
Muhlenberg College - Languages, Literatures and Cultures
- Russian:Nick Farmer '15 presents paper at a national REES conference. Read More...