Applicants for the Masters in Organizational Leadership will typically have a minimum of two years’ full-time work experience. If you are a senior or recent graduate you may meet this requirement through appropriate professional work experiences through internships, summer work, externships, and projects that may be sufficient. We also recommend that entering students have a basic foundation in accounting and finance, such as financial accounting or principles-level economics.
Applicants to the Masters of Applied Analytics for Organizations will have successfully completed statistics and calculus courses within the last five years. For those who do not meet this requirement or who desire to refresh their knowledge and skills, we offer a half-unit pre-course covering mathematical concepts integral to a student’s success in the master’s program. College seniors may enroll in the Masters of Applied Analytics program in conjunction with their Bachelor’s degree with certain graduate courses fulfilling both their undergraduate and graduate requirements.
Before you begin the online application, we recommend you have prepared the following:
- PDF copy of your transcripts showing your successful attainment of your four-year baccalaureate degree or international equivalent.
- Unofficial transcripts of all previous undergraduate and graduate coursework are sufficient to complete the online application. Official transcripts in electronic PDF format are required after a student is admitted and should be submitted to the Dean of Graduate Studies. To be considered for acceptance to master’s degree programs, applicants must have completed an undergraduate degree at an accredited institution with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- International credentials and academic records must be official documents issued by the institution, provided in the original language, and accompanied by a certified or notarized English translation.
- If your GPA is less than 3.0, GRE or GMAT exam scores taken within the last 5 years.
- Personal statement (Master's Degree only)
- The personal statement, 450-750 words, speaks to the applicant’s personal characteristics (ethical leadership, perseverance, emotional intelligence), acquired skills (research, writing, presenting), and intellectual abilities (creativity, area of knowledge, analytical thought).
- Current professional resume.
- About 10 minutes of your time to complete the online application.
- After submitting the application form, click here arrange a personal interview with the VP & Executive Director or Dean of Graduate Studies
Other Application Requirements
- Application fee: $75
- Note the fee will be waived for the inaugural applicants for 2020-2021
- Application fees are always waived for:
- Those who have completed a Muhlenberg graduate certificate and wish to enter a masters program
- Current Muhlenberg undergraduate students
- Muhlenberg alumni
- Muhlenberg employees, their spouse or their children
- The application fee is returned to students admitted and enrolled in the form of a Berg Bucks that can be used in Muhlenberg Dining Services or Bookstore after the start of their first course
- Official GMAT/GRE test scores. Under certain conditions, for those applicants with final undergraduate GPA is 3.0 or higher and the applicant has at least two years of full-time professional work experience, GMAT/GRE test scores are waived. GMAT/GRE exams must be taken within the last five years.
- English language proficiency (see International Applicants)
- Optional: Letters of recommendation may be sent directly via email to Dr. Uppinder Mehan, Dean of Graduate Studies, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Recommenders should speak to the applicant's professional and/or academic acumen.
For the inaugural applications for 2020-2021, an interview decision will be rendered within two business days after the application material is submitted. Applicants will receive an email notification from the Dean of Graduate Studies. Those accepted will need to accept or defer the offer after which enrollment information will be provided.
Accepted students return a signed intention to enroll along with the deposit fee of $500 which will be applied to their account.
Application material for the Master's in Organizational Leadership must be submitted by July 15 for the following fall semester; by December 1 for the spring semester; by April 15 for the summer semester.
Application material for the Master's in Applied Analytics must be submitted by July 15 for the following fall semester.
International applicants for graduate programs must have completed a bachelor’s degree in the United States or equivalent foreign degree. Those whose native language is not English, or who did not receive a bachelor’s or higher degree in an English speaking country, must meet the minimum English language proficiency requirements by submitting IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) scores. United States citizenship or permanent resident status does not determine the need for English language proficiency.