Why Study Film at Muhlenberg?
- We’re a leader. The overlapping Film Studies, Media & Communication, and Documentary Storymaking programs at Muhlenberg have 16 full-time faculty, making us the largest liberal arts film and media programs in the United States – with more extensive offerings than many large universities.
- Our students have access to an unparalleled range of film and media expertise, in courses taught by accomplished teachers.
- We’re one of a select few liberal arts colleges with a production program. The theory and practice of cinema are seamlessly integrated.
- You’ll get access to equipment and filmmaking, with the small classes and personalized attention of a liberal arts college.
- Muhlenberg’s #1-ranked theatre program means you can work with some of America’s best student actors.
- We have specialized courses in every facet of the filmmaking process, from pre-production and screenwriting to editing. The most recent addition, Directing and Performance for Film.
- A liberal arts college is the best place to develop yourself and your creative potential. Running a camera isn’t the hard part – ideas are the hard part, and your ideas are going to come from being a smart person who knows something about the world.
- No matter what kind of film you’re interested in making or studying, you can learn about it here. Our courses cover everything from silent cinema to the latest festival hits from around the world, from Hollywood to Bollywood, and from documentary to the avant-garde.