Muhlenberg Announces 2021 Faculty Rising Scholar Award RecipientsThe awards were presented at the College's 2021 Honors Convocation.
Friday, May 14, 2021 08:15 AM
This award is funded by Richard C. Crist ’77 P’05 P’09 and John M. Heffner P’96, as well as the collective efforts of the entire Board of Trustees. Muhlenberg College is pleased to offer the Faculty Rising Scholars Award to support the scholarship of tenure-track faculty and to provide exciting research opportunities for first- and second-year students. This year’s recipients were:
- Crystal Adams, Assistant Professor of Sociology
- Andrew Ardizzoia, Assistant Professor of Music
- Giancarlo Cuadra, Assistant Professor of Biology
- Matthieu de Wit, Assistant Professor of Neuroscience
- Tineke D’Haeseleer, Assistant Professor of History
- Megan Flynn, Assistant Professor of Dance
- Christopher Jackson, Assistant Professor of Music
- Casey James Miller, Assistant Professor of Anthropology
- Purvi Parikh, Assistant Professor of Religion Studies
- Sahar Sadeghi, Assistant Professor of Sociology
- Lufei Teng, Assistant Professor of Economics
The Muhlenberg College Honors Convocation, which was held this year at 8 p.m. on Thursday, May 13, is a formal academic ceremony designed to honor and celebrate leadership and scholarly excellence and achievement.
To view the full list of student and faculty awards, visit the 2021 Honors Convocation article on the College's news site.
About Muhlenberg College
Founded in 1848, Muhlenberg is a highly selective, private, four-year residential, liberal arts college offering baccalaureate and graduate programs. With an enrollment of approximately 2,200 students, Muhlenberg College is dedicated to shaping creative, compassionate, collaborative leaders through rigorous academic programs in the arts, humanities, natural sciences and social sciences; selected preprofessional programs, including accounting, business, education and public health; and progressive workforce-focused post-baccalaureate certificates and master’s degrees. Located in Allentown, Pennsylvania, approximately 90 miles west of New York City, Muhlenberg is a member of the Centennial Conference, competing in 22 varsity sports. Muhlenberg is affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.