History majors/minors can elect a focus in the history of health and medicine. This entirely optional approach allows students the opportunity to add depth and breadth to their understanding of the histories of health and medicine in Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, and the United States. Department courses include:
- Disease and Medicine in the United States
- The Birds & the Bees: History of Conception, Pregnancy, and Childbirth in the U.S.
- The History of Disability in the United States
- Snake Oil, Quacks, and Goop: The History of Alternative Medicine in the U.S.
- The History of Public Health in the United States
- Medicine and Power in African History
- Global Health and African History
- Environmental History of Latin American & the Caribbean
- Bodies & Identities in Contemporary Cuba (MILA)