Early Decision candidates should complete the Common Application and select "Early Decision" (ED I) or "Early Decision II" (ED II) as their preferred admission plan in the Muhlenberg questions. Our ED I deadline is November 15 and our ED II deadline is February 1. Admissions decisions will be sent online to ED I candidates on December 15 and ED II candidates between February 15 - 28. Students who are applying to one of our academic partnerships programs must submit additional documents.
The Common Application is exclusively online and there are some updates to the application this year. Below are directions that we hope will help you in the application process, but as always, we are here to help so please feel invited to contact us, with any questions you may have, at 484-664-3200.
- Visit if you can.
We strongly encourage a campus visit to interview and tour. The interview can be an important opportunity to explore “the fit” between you and Muhlenberg. It can also be a chance to develop a relationship with an admissions counselor who can then act as an advocate for you. Remember, if you are applying for one of our academic partnerships, you are required to have an admissions interview.
- Complete the Common Application.
You may apply online. Note that a $50 application fee is required unless this would present a significant financial hardship for your family. If you have additional questions about our fee waiver policy, please contact us directly at 484-664-3245.
- Select Early Decision I (ED I) or Early Decision II (ED II) as your preferred admission plan on the Common Application online.
The Muhlenberg-specific questions on the Common Application online allow students to indicate their preferred admission plan (Early Decision, Early Decision II or Regular Decision).
Sometimes students later change their mind about their preferred admission plan. If that happens, please use this Early Decision Agreement Form.
- Have your counselor and one teacher provide recommendations.
Your recommenders can either send their recommendations through the Common Application online or by downloading the forms on the Common Application website and sending them directly to the Office of Admissions.
- Follow up with your counselor to ensure that your Mid Year Report is sent to us when available.
Your counselor can either send the Mid Year Report through the Common Application online or by downloading the form on the Common Application website and sending it directly to the Office of Admissions. If you submit scores through any of the testing agencies, Muhlenberg test codes are: SAT, 2424, and ACT, 3640.
- If you're choosing to submit your ACT or SAT scores, ACT or SAT scores can be self-reported on your Common Application or you may submit a copy of score reports via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you submit scores through any of the testing agencies, Muhlenberg test codes are: SAT, 2424 and ACT, 3640. If you ultimately enroll at Muhlenberg, and you have self-reported your test scores as part of your application, you will be required to submit official test scores from either the test agency or from your counselor.
- If you’re choosing not to submit your ACT or SAT scores, please respond accordingly to the preferred testing plan question on the Common Application. You may also indicate this by completing the Test-Optional Form. While test scores are optional for admissions, students must submit test scores to be considered for the Henry Melchior Muhlenberg Scholarships, Honors Programs, and Academic Partnerships.”
The Muhlenberg-specific questions on the Common Application online allow students to indicate whether they wish their test scores to be used in the admissions evaluation by responding to the "testing plan" question within the Common Application.
Sometimes students later change their minds about whether or not to submit test scores. If that happens, please use this SAT Optional Form.
- You may check for missing application materials and your admissions decision in your application status portal. Once your application is received, you will receive an email with directions on how to access this page at the e-mail you've provided on your Common Application. You may access your application status portal here.
- If you wish to be considered for need-based financial aid, please file a CSS Financial Aid Profile and FAFSA within a week of applying to Muhlenberg (both are available October 1). Our CSS code is 2424. This will help us keep our commitment to run need-based and merit aid processes early so that admitted students know about financial aid before they are required to deposit. If you wish to be considered for merit aid only, you are not required to submit any additional paperwork other than your Common Application.
- For ED I, please anticipate an admissions decision by mid-December and for ED II, decisions will be released by late-February.