Institutional Effectiveness and Planning at Muhlenberg is overseen by the Provost in close coordination with the Director of Institutional Research and a cross-campus team of faculty and staff:
Cheryl Arndt – Director, Institutional Research & Effectiveness email@example.com
The mission of the office is to collect, analyze and disseminate data for external reporting and to support the growth and development of the institution. Specific responsibilities include:
- Managing academic and institutional planning, analytical decision support and assessment
- Supporting the Management Team and Board in collecting and using data to inform institutional decision-making
- Serving as the institution’s primary planning office supporting strategic planning
- Overseeing national surveys and coordination of data collection for national databases
- Leading accreditation activities
- Collecting, compiling, and verifying data for all external and internal institutional research purposes
- Preparing standard reporting for outside entities, including the completion of surveys to satisfy IPEDS, HEDS, NCAA and AICUP requirements
- Editing the Muhlenberg College Source Book, an annual publication describing the history, organization, programs, students, faculty, staff, finances and alumni of the College.
The Provost serves as the Middle States Commission on Higher Education Accreditation Liaison Officer.