Welcome. We’re looking forward to reading your application and getting to know you. If you have questions, be sure to contact admissions.
The Common Application is exclusively online, and there are some updates to the application this year. Below are directions that we hope will help you in the application process, but as always, we are here to help so please feel invited to contact us with any questions you may have at 484-664-3200.
- Visit if you can.
We strongly encourage a campus visit to interview and tour. The interview can be an important opportunity to explore “the fit” between you and Muhlenberg. It can also be a chance to develop a relationship with an admissions counselor who can then act as an advocate for you here. Remember, if you are applying for one of our cooperative programs, or choosing not to submit test scores, you are required to have an admissions interview.
- Complete the Common Application by February 1.
You may apply online at www.commonapp.org. Note that a $50 application fee is required unless this would present a significant financial hardship for your family. If you have additional questions about our fee waiver policy, please contact us directly at 484-664-3245.
- Have your counselor and one teacher provide recommendations.
Your recommenders can either send their recommendations through the Common Application online or by downloading the forms on the Common Application website and sending them directly to the Office of Admissions.
- Follow up with your counselor to ensure that your Mid Year Report is sent to us when available.
Your counselor can either send the Mid Year Report through the Common Application online or by downloading the form on the Common Application website and sending it directly to the Office of Admissions.
- If you're choosing to submit your ACT or SAT scores, ACT or SAT scores can be self-reported on your Common Application or you may submit a copy of score reports via email to: email@example.com. If you submit scores through any of the testing agencies, Muhlenberg test codes are: SAT, 2424 and ACT, 3640. If you ultimately enroll at Muhlenberg, and you have self-reported your test scores as part of your application, you will be required to submit official test scores from either the test agency or from your counselor.
- If you’re choosing not to submit your ACT or SAT scores, please respond accordingly to the preferred testing plan question on the Common Application. As a test-optional applicant, you will be required to submit a graded paper and you will be required to interview by February 1. Students interested in merit scholarships, honors programs as well as any cooperative programs must submit ACT or SAT scores.
The Muhlenberg-specific questions on the Common Application online allow students to indicate whether they wish their test scores to be used in the admissions evaluation by responding to the "testing plan" question within the Common Application.
Sometimes students later change their minds about whether or not to submit test scores. If that happens, please use this SAT Optional Form.
- You may check for missing application materials in your application status portal.
Once your application is received, you will receive an email with directions on how to access this page at the email you've provided on your Common Application. You may access your application status portal here.
- If you wish to be considered for need-based financial aid, please file a CSS Financial Aid Profile and FAFSA by February 1. Our CSS code is 2424.
Please refer to our Financial Aid "Applying for Aid" page for necessary documents and important deadlines. If you wish to be considered for merit aid only, you are not required to submit any additional paperwork other than your Common Application.
You can anticipate an admission decision online by mid-March.