Dublin City University (DCU) located in Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Muhlenberg’s semester program in Dublin is specially designed for students majoring in Media & Communication and Film Studies, but is open to all students meeting program prerequisites. All coursework is offered in the School of Communications at DCU. A member of the Muhlenberg Media & Communication faculty travels with students to Dublin for the semester. While at DCU, students enroll in 4 courses: The Dublin Seminar, a course in an accelerated format taught by the Muhlenberg faculty member; two Media & Communication electives taught by faculty at DCU; and in a communication-related field. An outside agency matches students with their internships during the semester prior to the study abroad experience.
Students will take 4 courses
- 1 Media & Communication course taught by the Muhlenberg faculty member
- 1 internship in a Media and Communication-related field (such as television, radio, video production, film, public relations, advertising, web marketing)
- 2 Dublin City University courses
- Declared major in Media & Communication or Film Studies
- Overall GPA minimum of 3.0
- The Resident Director of the program (the Muhlenberg faculty member) will be on campus at DCU for at least 10 weeks. DCU orientation is 2 days.
Students will take a 5-day study trip to London during their DCU semester