Credit for Prior College-Level Learning

You can earn credit for prior college-level learning and apply it toward your associate or bachelor's degree. Your advisor, in consultation with The Dean/Registrar/Department Chair, will help you determine what relevant college-level learning you may already have earned.

Make an appointment with an academic advisor to begin this process.

Transfer credit from other colleges is one source of such prior college-level learning. Other sources include:

Licenses and training, from military, healthcare, technology, etc.
Standardized exams, such as CLEP, DANTES, AP, etc.
Other college-level learning, such as noncredit courses, seminars, in-service trainings, volunteer work

Muhlenberg College School of Continuing Studies recognizes the American Council on Education (ACE) and the National College Credit Recommendation Services (National CCRS), formerly known as the National Program on Noncollegiate Sponsored Instruction (National PONSI) standards.