Institute for Jewish-Christian Understanding
- Clergy Colloquy - Monday, at Luther Crest (800 Hausman Rd, Allentown PA)
Monthly meeting (2nd Monday of the month) over a brown-bag lunch for Rabbis, Priests and Pastors and others with graduate training in theology and/or textual interpretation.
- Day of Dialogue
A one day workshop and dialogue opportunity on a topic of concern in the Jewish, Christian and Muslim communities.
- First Friday - Sept 29 (5th Friday) @ 12:00-1:00 p.m. Seegers Union, Rooms 111 & 112
Luncheon discussion program with various topics and speakers on the first Friday of each month. If you were unable to attend a certain presentation, you are now able to view it at your leasure. Please click here to access our Youtube video archives page and then click on the video you are interested in viewing. It is as easy as that!
- Lenten Clergy (Pre-Lent) Workshop
A workshop for Christian clergy that introduces the work of the Institute for Jewish-Christian Understanding and offers insight and resources for navigating the seasons of Lent, Holy Week and Easter, with their challenges in relation to Jewish-Christian relations.
- Living Room Dialogue
Dialogue groups of 8-16 participants from the Jewish and Christian communities form periodically and meet monthly over an extended period.
Four- to six-week series, one evening each week, focus on topics of shared interest to Jews and Christians.
- Night of Shattered Glass
Sponsored by the Star-Crossed Students of the IJCU/Muhlenberg College, this observance commemorates the first organized state violence against the Jewish community in Nazi Germany on November 9, 1938, known asKristallnacht.
- Prejudice Reduction
Drama-based Curriculum on Holocaust Studies & Prejudice Reduction.
- Wallenberg Tribute: Sunday, October 8, 2017 @ 3:30 p.m. Lecture (Moyer Hall, Miller Forum, lecture is free & open to the public). Reception @ 4:30 p.m. and Dinner @ 5:30 p.m. (Seegers Union, Great Room. There is a cost associated with this event.
Lecturer and Honoree: Ambassador David Saperstein
Raoul Wallenberg was a Swedish diplomat who saved tens of thousands of Budapest Jews from the Nazis during the last year of WWII. Each year we pay tribute to his courageous moral action on behalf of others with a public presentation by a significant scholar or public figure.
- Youth & Prejudice: Reducing Hatred Conference - High School Conference is Wed. November 8, and Thurs. November 9, 2017
25th Annual conference for High School students in reducing hatred by learning the lessons of the Holocaust.
IJCU of Muhlenberg® College
2400 Chew St.Allentown, PA 18104-5586