The Guest Artist program offers students in both theatre and dance the opportunity to work and study with world-class artists-in-residence. The Department engages numerous guest artists each year as teachers, actors, directors, composers, choreographers, and designers.
Past residencies have included:
- Tony Award-nominated makeup artist Joe Dulude II
- Modern dance company Urban Bush Women
- Peter Schumann and the Bread and Puppet Theatre
- The Chuck Davis African American Dance Ensemble
- A world premiere musical by composer Charles Strouse, playwright Mark St. Germain, and director/choreographer Barbara Siman
- Figurentheater: Wilde and Vogel, internationally-acclaimed puppet theatre artists
- Rosalba Rolón and Pregones Theater
- Award-winning playwrights Mac Wellman and Brighde Mullins
- Internationally acclaimed choreographers Earl Mosley, Danny Buraczeski, Bill Evans, Charlotte Boye-Christensen, and Doug Varone
Additional Spring 2023 Master Classes will be announced soon!
The Baker Artist-in-Residence Program
The Baker Artist-in-Residence Program brings distinguished professional guest artists to the Muhlenberg campus each year. Artists remain on campus for periods ranging from one month to an entire semester, and each resident artist teaches in the academic program and contributes to the artistic programs in theatre, dance, and music. Baker Artists-in-Residence are sponsored by the Dexter F. and Dorothy H. Baker Foundation.
Want to Know More?
Thank you for your interest in Muhlenberg College. This form is for prospective students to request additional information about the Theatre & Dance Department.
Performance Patrons: to sign up for the mailing list, or to request information other than prospective student info, please the See a Show page, and click Mailing List Signup in the sidebar menu.