The Guest Artist program offers students in both theatre and dance the opportunity to work and study with world-class artists-in-residence. The Department engages numerous guest artists each year as teachers, actors, directors, composers, choreographers, and designers.
Past residencies have included:
- Tony Award-nominated makeup artist Joe Dulude II
- Modern dance company Urban Bush Women
- Peter Schumann and the Bread and Puppet Theatre
- The Chuck Davis African American Dance Ensemble
- Composer Charles Strouse, playwright Mark St. Germain, and director/choreographer Barbara Siman
- Figurentheater: Wilde and Vogel, internationally-acclaimed puppet theatre artists
- Rosalba Rolón and Pregones Theater
- Obie Award-winning poet and playwright Mac Wellman
- Nationally respected choreographer Danny Buraczeski and his company Jazz Dance
- Internationally acclaimed modern choreographers David Dorfman and Doug Varone
- Vocalist Marni Nixon
The Baker Artist-in-Residence Program
The Baker Artist-in-Residence Program brings distinguished professional guest artists to the Muhlenberg campus each year. Artists remain on campus for periods ranging from one month to an entire semester, and each resident artist teaches in the academic program and contributes to the artistic programs in theatre, dance, and music. Baker Artists-in-Residence are sponsored by the Dexter F. and Dorothy H. Baker Foundation.